Troy Bilt sickle mower carburettor

laurin800

Threads
Hi,
I have a T B Sickle Mower that surges all the time, and now wont increase its Rev's, model is the 34337, 4hp, cleaned the carb twice, still not right, probably need a new carb.
E/Bay research suggests that the carb that will do the job is 6150 650 series, the question is will it fit and do the job.
regards to all. Mike
Surging is almost ALWAYS related to the Governor. Springs are very temperamental. There’s a reason there are so many different holes in the Governor arm to hook the spring to. I move the spring, one hole at a time and run it until the surging stops. Some motors have a “bendable” arm that you can tweak a little with a needle nose. Hope it helps.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Surging is almost ALWAYS related to the Governor. Springs are very temperamental. There’s a reason there are so many different holes in the Governor arm to hook the spring to. I move the spring, one hole at a time and run it until the surging stops. Some motors have a “bendable” arm that you can tweak a little with a needle nose. Hope it helps.
Many of us mechanics will probably disagree. I personally know there is several things beside the springs that can cause surging. For me it is a lot of the time a fuel mixture problem or linkage wear.

chuckpen

Threads
One more thought. I have heard that "some" carb manufacturers place a "filter" or screen inside the fuel inlet. Therer could be a hidden obstruction inside the inlet for fuel. Just reverse air pressure or carb clean to clean..

chuckpen

Threads
Fuel tank is not venting. The 5 minute run is about what a full float bowl would give. I think the carb is ok and you have an obstruction in the fuel tank to carb. be sure to check the fuel tank for a filter as well. try running with an alternate fuel source.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Surging on a governed engine is because there is insufficient fuel to maintain a constant speed .
IT is not CAUSED by the governor
It PROVES that the governor is working as it should
A wrong governor spring or spring in the wrong hole does nothing more than change the engine speed

bill.g

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have your carb cleaned by ultrasonic, “swishing, blowing, using a wire” does nothing with today’s crap fuel!