Troy Bilt sickle mower carburettor

LADY>TIGGER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a T B Sickle Mower that surges all the time, and now wont increase its Rev's, model is the 34337, 4hp, cleaned the carb twice, still not right, probably need a new carb.
E/Bay research suggests that the carb that will do the job is 6150 650 series, the question is will it fit and do the job.
regards to all. Mike

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
We could assist better if we had the engine model number information. The engine is considered a separate item from the mower as far as parts.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sound like a linkage problem now, as well as a little bit of gunk yet in the carb. Put up some pics of the engine carb, etc. as well as the engine's model numbers.

LADY>TIGGER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sound like a linkage problem now, as well as a little bit of gunk yet in the carb. Put up some pics of the engine carb, etc. as well as the engine's model numbers.
Hi,
Sorry I should have known better than to give the Model only.
This is what is on the plate on the front of the Engine.
Model---12G782
Type-----1729
Code----0002059
4hp
Here is a little history about this mower. Purchased used last year, did not run very well, may have been messed with before, what I have done this week to try and correct the problem.
1/ Cleaned carb (twice) using a thin strand of wire from a wire brush, blow out carb with comp air, checked float for leakage, fit new O ring (carb to manifold).
2/ Flushed Tank and replaced the Fuel.
3/ Replaced the Air Filter.
Just a note, not happy with the spring tension just seems to slack, if I override the Governor by holding the butterfly open/closed the engine will give its all, BUT in the back ground it still wants to surge, sorry cant seem to upload Pic's its says file to large server cant handle it. Regards Mike.

LADY>TIGGER

Forum Newbie
Threads
We could assist better if we had the engine model number information. The engine is considered a separate item from the mower as far as parts.
Hi,
Information on the Engine plate.
Model---12G782
Type-----1729
Code-----0002059
I have replied to Fish just above/below, with lots of information that should have been sent to you, however all help is appreciated, please read, as it may help with a solution.
Regards Mike.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The carb may need to be removed and completely disassembled and soaked in carb cleaner and a complete carb repair kit installed. Because for proper cleaning you will need to remove the welch plug on the side of the carb to get to the idle passages. But with that application I wouldn't overlook the possibility of a cracked plastic intake manifold. So may need to remove the blower housing to inspect that.

And those engines use a low tension governor spring so slack is kind of a relative term.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Many times the jet/bowl nut is partially clogged, causing it to run a little lean. Look closely and find all of the tiny holes and make sure that they are clear.jet.gif

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
E/Bay research suggests that the carb that will do the job is 6150 650 series
Ebay carb alert.

Clean/repair the OEM carb and install. Clean the entire fuel system while you are at it.

LADY>TIGGER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Many times the jet/bowl nut is partially clogged, causing it to run a little lean. Look closely and find all of the tiny holes and make sure that they are clear.View attachment 62994
Hi, Thank you for your advises, done that three times, and again today, I was thinking some where along the lines of an air leak on the manifold so sprayed wd40 all over every joint and all along the entry point to the engine no rise or fall in rev's so cant really be an air leak, I have worked on motor vehicles (mechanic) these last 60 years, 79 now and this is baffling me, but I must admit this is kind of a new type of carb and governor system I am not clued up on.
I am going to give it one more go tomorrow then I think it will be a new Carb. Regards Mike. from France.

LADY>TIGGER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ebay carb alert.

Clean/repair the OEM carb and install. Clean the entire fuel system while you are at it.
Hi,
Yes I have done that, flushed the system completely, fresh fuel checked for air leaks spraying WD40 on all possible places that air may get drawn in, doing that eliminates air ingress, removed and cleaned, not just looked at carb 4 times now. Thank for your reply. Regards Mike.