Troy Bilt sickle mower carburettor

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi, Thank you for your advises, done that three times, and again today, I was thinking some where along the lines of an air leak on the manifold so sprayed wd40 all over every joint and all along the entry point to the engine no rise or fall in rev's so cant really be an air leak, I have worked on motor vehicles (mechanic) these last 60 years, 79 now and this is baffling me, but I must admit this is kind of a new type of carb and governor system I am not clued up on.
I am going to give it one more go tomorrow then I think it will be a new Carb. Regards Mike. from France.
I have a handy set of torch tip cleaners, and have a few times opened up passages a little extra in the past.

Threads
The problem is not with the carb. Your intake valve is not closing properly and this is causing the surge. Email me at dvata at yahoo dot com and I’ll describe what you need to do.

mechanizm

Threads
Just get a new, cheap carb from ebay. I was removing and cleaning my John Deere lawn tractor carb many times and it still wouldn't run right. I bought a carb on ebay and FIXED. It's been running great for three years now.

chuckpen

Threads
When cleaning the carb, did you remove and clean the emulsion tube? Wondering if you need to go through the govenor setup to get the linkage correct?

Freddie21

Threads
If you close the choke slightly and it runs better, then it's starving for fuel. Usually still dirt in the idle circuit of the carb. Cheap replacement carbs are 50\50%. Some work great and others will either leak or surge. I have found to cure the surging, increasing the size of the idle jet with a small drill bit. Do in increments. Leaking is another issue, just return it. If you get a bad one and ask for a refund, I have never had to return one. Gas stinks in the shipping box. Get ur refund and try and fix the bad one or just try another.

dwzkd

Threads
Check for "slop" in the linkage to the carburetor, throttle cable, links to governor. There should also be a spring on the governor link(s) that pull the connected parts together to keep the "slop" from affecting performance.

By slop, I mean where the cable ends or link ends connect to the various levers. If there is a lot of play in these joints, it can also add to instability.
Good Luck.

barny57

Threads
Hi,
I have a T B Sickle Mower that surges all the time, and now wont increase its Rev's, model is the 34337, 4hp, cleaned the carb twice, still not right, probably need a new carb.
E/Bay research suggests that the carb that will do the job is 6150 650 series, the question is will it fit and do the job.
regards to all. Mike
Set the govener rod on it

chuckpen

Threads
If you are considering a new carb then you could try giving just a bit more fuel through the main jet. Micro drills would let you "open up" the main a bit more to see if that helps. Not much, very little or your orig carb will be toast.

BamaBill43

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a T B Sickle Mower that surges all the time, and now wont increase its Rev's, model is the 34337, 4hp, cleaned the carb twice, still not right, probably need a new carb.
E/Bay research suggests that the carb that will do the job is 6150 650 series, the question is will it fit and do the job.
regards to all. Mike
Hi, Thank you for your advises, done that three times, and again today, I was thinking some where along the lines of an air leak on the manifold so sprayed wd40 all over every joint and all along the entry point to the engine no rise or fall in rev's so cant really be an air leak, I have worked on motor vehicles (mechanic) these last 60 years, 79 now and this is baffling me, but I must admit this is kind of a new type of carb and governor system I am not clued up on.
I am going to give it one more go tomorrow then I think it will be a new Carb. Regards Mike. from France.
I'd suggest first a new fuel filter. I've solved many problems like yours with that. Since it runs fine for 5 minutes, the carb must be good? Or the gas cap on the fuel tank may need it's vent cleared?