Troy-Bilt 14AA80TP766 Big Red Horse (2007) with a Briggs Intek VTwin 23HP---Problem

smalltimerpm

Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 14AA80TP766 Big Red Horse (2007) with a Briggs Intek VTwin 23HP---Problem
Something to know Stanley just bought out a good bit of lawn world at the end of last year. Including cub cadet...troy bilt and a few others. Parts are getting harder to get and harder to find that are actually oe. Most are starting to repair with what you get or what you find. Be careful though. You get what you pay for!! And that also goes for big brand name products...you don't know what or who is piecing these components together anymore

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 14AA80TP766 Big Red Horse (2007) with a Briggs Intek VTwin 23HP---Problem
I find them great
I buy the drop in kits in bulk from the factory in China for a couple of $ each then it is a 15 minute job and most of that time is the 10 minutes in the ultrasound .
Nothing on a mower engine is as good as it could be except for Honda engines which makes them cost more so no one uses them because the buyers are too cheap to pay for quality.
So being just barely good enough to do the job creates problems over time thus parts get a bad reputation when in reality the problem is in the purchasers wallet .
So true...Being cheap is why we have so much junk to work on.
Something to know Stanley just bought out a good bit of lawn world at the end of last year. Including cub cadet...troy bilt and a few others. Parts are getting harder to get and harder to find that are actually oe. Most are starting to repair with what you get or what you find. Be careful though. You get what you pay for!! And that also goes for big brand name products...you don't know what or who is piecing these components together anymore
To problem is that no company supports their equipment anymore. I see this all across the board lately. It is why I am having to buy after market parts now as they no longer provide the needed parts. Over half the time I am having to modify even the after market parts to make them work.

It is the old trick of limiting the life of equipment so they can sell more junky equipment. Matter of fact I had two pieces of equipment that was less than 6 months old that the parts are listed as NLA. Not even out of warranty.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The one that kills me is the current Victa ride ons
B & S imports them from China and they are putrid plastic puss piles .
In order to save on one deck idler the engine drives directly to the LH blade spindle .
However this means it would foul on the front deck hanger so they eliminated it.
The excess weight & vibrations cause the rear left hanger to fatigue .
Now this is a current model.
I can go into Bunnings & buy one tomorrow, but the deck hangers are NLA
Apparently they will replace them under warranty if the mower is less than 12 months old .

I am about to weld up the third one and strengthen the single rear hanger with an old mower blade

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That like they way some mower OEM welds only one side of hangers and gauge wheel brackets when they should welded on both side. So many times I have re enforced these over the years because of the short cuts if I am lucky enough to have all the parts brought in for the repairs.

Apparently they want the consumer to new new complete decks instead. More money for them.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
That like they way some mower OEM welds only one side of hangers and gauge wheel brackets when they should welded on both side. So many times I have re enforced these over the years because of the short cuts if I am lucky enough to have all the parts brought in for the repairs.

Apparently they want the consumer to new new complete decks instead. More money for them.
Planned obsolescence on newer equipment has been a trend for a decade now, give or take.

I understand Nikki carburetors, I see a lot of them in my shop. I also see more problems with them than many other types such as Walbro. I am here to both learn and help. I try to do both everyday. I appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to contribute to this forum.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh I work for one those companies that started the trend. three year after they started they were out of business.

As the Nikki carbs you probably just see more of them as there are more in use. Beside if you in the repair business you need the work too as if nothing broke we would have nothing to do; although, being on a diet helps.

I just got with a CC that a fire which cooked part of the wiring harness and the plastic Walbro links on the Kohler engine. Got lucky on the Walbro as I had a corroded one from last year to pull the choke assy off of. If it was for me saving the carburetor for the screws I would had to buy a new carburetor for the customer.

srwa

Threads
The one that kills me is the current Victa ride ons
B & S imports them from China and they are putrid plastic puss piles .
In order to save on one deck idler the engine drives directly to the LH blade spindle .
However this means it would foul on the front deck hanger so they eliminated it.
The excess weight & vibrations cause the rear left hanger to fatigue .
Now this is a current model.
I can go into Bunnings & buy one tomorrow, but the deck hangers are NLA
Apparently they will replace them under warranty if the mower is less than 12 months old .

I am about to weld up the third one and strengthen the single rear hanger with an old mower blade

Scuze my ignertz, but what is NLA?

srwa

Threads
NLA-- I see that quite often, it's always spelled out, on stuff I have, course it's all old, but some isn't that old.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
NLA-- I see that quite often, it's always spelled out, on stuff I have, course it's all old, but some isn't that old.
When you try to order parts from suppliers they just use the letters NLA because it saves space same as BO or B-O for on back order