Trimmer line???

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I was looking around today an I am now low on string time to buy more I currently have echo cross fire but I fill it brakes to easy just like my Stihl line does as well both are .95 line

I am wondering if anyone know of a better line I seen some organ gator magnum online today an the reviews are good I am thinking of purchasing this? But before I do I was wondering if anyone has any advice on some really good trimmer line in .95 or .105 both will work for me ????

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know your definition of a good string. I use .095 I bought over 10 years ago. Orange and comes on a huge roll for $25. This stuff works well for me ,but will break along chain link fences and when edging into dirt and rock. I'm sure you've seen it , but if not I can look at the spool. I think I saw a roll like it at wal mart last week and price is about the same.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was looking around today an I am now low on string time to buy more I currently have echo cross fire but I fill it brakes to easy just like my Stihl line does as well both are .95 line

I am wondering if anyone know of a better line I seen some organ gator magnum online today an the reviews are good I am thinking of purchasing this? But before I do I was wondering if anyone has any advice on some really good trimmer line in .95 or .105 both will work for me ????

Oregon line is very good
I use the platinum gatorline. Because I get it for free. But I like it
Does not break as much as other line that have used.

One more I like is Shakespeare Titanium

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Threads

All the reviews for the Echo line you/I have are positive, and it seems the 8 cutting edges would make it stronger. As motoman said it will break on sharp fences, but I think any string will do that. :rolleyes:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
All the reviews for the Echo line you/I have are positive, and it seems the 8 cutting edges would make it stronger. As motoman said it will break on sharp fences, but I think any string will do that. :rolleyes:

I don't care for the echo line I think it breaks to easy and it welds to easy.

There is a trick to trimming chain link fence so you don't keep breaking the line.

If you use your trimmer to edge with then shame on you

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've had pretty good luck with Husqvarna Titanium Force .095 line lasting(my wife generally does the weed-eating and she's bad about eating the line up very quickly). It is available at Lowes in a 280ft spool for about $15. I don't know whether that's a good price or not....but it does last longer than the others I've tried.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use the 095 Stihl X line, buy the 5lb spool and it last a season, also on occasion use the 105 Gator line.

Threads
I use the 095 Stihl X line, buy the 5lb spool and it last a season, also on occasion use the 105 Gator line.

I get the Echo in a 5 lb. spool....so much better than the small packages! :rolleyes:

16fb0635-b02c-4ea6-a550-e3c4030624d8_400.jpg

(http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/16/16fb0635-b02c-4ea6-a550-e3c4030624d8_400.jpg)

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads

I may get the x line I have loved that that stuff but I am really likening the .95 or .105 gator line as well :rolleyes: