Transferring Group Ownership

Threads
Hello everyone-
Us moderators are trying to get more people to use the user groups on this forum. In an effort to do so, we are trying to get more groups available that people are interested in. But we are only allowed to create 5 groups each, so to overcome that, we are transfering groups to other users so that we can make better ones in the future. This can be the place we record which groups were transferred in order for new ones to be created.

Group NameOriginal OwnerProgress of Transfer
Exmark Owner's Grouplawn mower fanaticDONE
Lawn Care Business Grouplawn mower fanaticDONE
Lawn Stripinglawn mower fanaticDONE
Cub Cadet OwnersRicDONE

Last edited:
Threads
Good idea.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Threads
Thanks. We are trying to get the # of groups we can make changed from 5 to maybe 10, but if that doesn't work, we will transfer groups to someone else who is in them so we can make more.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That would work for us moderators but what about the guys or other group owners who can't see this thread, this is why I don't like this hiding from everyone. This forum is for everyone not just us mods, yes we help control things but without members knowing what's going on what do you have but a dictatorship. As far as I'm concerned this whole moderator category needs to be removed from the forum. My suggestion would be to start your idea in the group section itself with the creation of a transfer group and limit the group to group owners to join and do as you say and list the transfers.

Threads
That would work for us moderators but what about the guys or other group owners who can't see this thread, this is why I don't like this hiding from everyone. This forum is for everyone not just us mods, yes we help control things but without members knowing what's going on what do you have but a dictatorship. As far as I'm concerned this whole moderator category needs to be removed from the forum. My suggestion would be to start your idea in the group section itself with the creation of a transfer group and limit the group to group owners to join and do as you say and list the transfers.

I was planning on telling the members about this, I just felt us mods need a place to organize the transfer process. We can start a Transfer Group once a group is deleted or something.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was planning on telling the members about this, I just felt us mods need a place to organize the transfer process. We can start a Transfer Group once a group is deleted or something.

Are you going to delete one of your groups? It's the only way we could start another. I already transferred one of mine to start the Truck owners group which I hated giving up the Toro group.

Threads
Are you going to delete one of your groups? It's the only way we could start another. I already transferred one of mine to start the Truck owners group which I hated giving up the Toro group.

I requested a transfer of the Exmark and L.C.B Group to another user...I'm just waiting for them to accept. I tried to pick users who are on often. I edited the original post and moved the thread, also.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok I am lost. What would the owner of the group have to do if anything?

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I dont see the group feature being a attraction to any forum now that FB has group pages. JM:2cents: