Transaxle attachment points

CLStout

Well-Known Member
Upon removing the K46 from my Ariens model# 936042 (20hp B&S, 42" mower), I discovered that both the brackets were split at the part closest to the rear. Aside from having it welded, is there any other repair that anyone here has done?
I certainly can't afford a new mower, and have already invested money into a replacement transaxle, along with other parts.

Thanks in advance, folks.
 
After I got the transaxle dropped, the front mount didn't have any bolts attaching it to the transaxle.
 
Here's the pictures.

Not sure of the quality. I hope it's good enough.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220331_190111841_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20220331_190111841_HDR~2.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20220331_190153910_HDR~8.jpg
    IMG_20220331_190153910_HDR~8.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 19
After I got the transaxle dropped, the front mount didn't have any bolts attaching it to the transaxle.
That what cause the mounting ears the break as the anti torque strap is attached. And there is two different repair kits from Husqvarna that should replace those broken ears on the frame. If ipl image is correct the frame is a TEX frame setup.

The question is as follows. Is the drawbar area straight up and down or is it sloped?
 
Yes, I have the vertical one. I think I have located the kit you're talking about. Can you advise how it's installed? Do the old mounting ears have to be removed?
 
Back
Top