Trailer suggestions for high millage

dereklawncare

Threads
Alright, I put on miles on miles last mowing season! I bought a cheap single axle tilt trailer to use last year. I think I"m on the 3rd set of tires. What I think really does the damage to the tires is when I get about 60mph I can notice the trailer wobbles. What do you guys that put on lots of miles use? I've got a 48" zero turn on it but if for some reason I'm not hauling the mower the trailer will "wobble" even worse.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Aluma Trailers made in Iowa. The last trailer you will ever have to buy. Many models to chose from for you personal needs.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Alright, I put on miles on miles last mowing season! I bought a cheap single axle tilt trailer to use last year. I think I"m on the 3rd set of tires. What I think really does the damage to the tires is when I get about 60mph I can notice the trailer wobbles. What do you guys that put on lots of miles use? I've got a 48" zero turn on it but if for some reason I'm not hauling the mower the trailer will "wobble" even worse.

You say you bought a cheap single axle trailer, what make and what size are we talking about. If your trailer wobbles at 60 mph without a load it's most likely being caused by the pitch on the trailer. I use a 6x12 Triple Crown I haul a 36" Stander, 48" ztr and 30" push with seven equipment racks.

zmister11

Threads
You said it was a tilt trailer so it's probably one of those 4x8s right?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You said it was a tilt trailer so it's probably one of those 4x8s right?

I would say it has to be at least that. He said he carried a 48" ztr on it, can you get a 48" ztr on a 4x8 trailer?

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
does it have the little 10" rims or actual normal size rims and tires. it could also be caused by pitch like Ric said. it should sit close to level with it loaded.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have more tongue weight and your trailer will handle better. A cheap trailer and that is what you will always have. What's the different between a weed eater 1 and a Ferris they both cut grass.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You really need to adjust your tongue weight for the hitch and draw bar you are using, keeping the trailer as level as possible. Maximum tongue weight on most draw bars is only 600lbs.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have pulled trailers for a good many years and have yet found a way to weight anything??? I have gone to the salvage yard and they weight the trailer and tow vehicle as a unit. So how would anyone know tongue weight?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have pulled trailers for a good many years and have yet found a way to weight anything??? I have gone to the salvage yard and they weight the trailer and tow vehicle as a unit. So how would anyone know tongue weight?

Well I've pulled trailers for a lot of years also and have yet to find a draw bar or hitch that didn't specify and have a maximum load weight and tongue weight. That's the reason they have different classes of hitches.