Tracks between blades

Ips

Forum Newbie
Threads
I currently experiencing experiencing tracks being left between blades. Running a 48in 7 iron jd deck with 3 blades. The blade cut is fine and even but I'm getting 2 tracks left between the outter and inner blades, running out of ideas where to look. Yep, tire pressure is correct and the deck settings correct.
Any suggestions welcome.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome Aboard-

Is the deck clean ? & are you possibly mowing TOO fast for conditions ?

Ips

Forum Newbie
Threads
7394 thanks for the reply. No its clean underneith an if I reduced my speed any further i be in reverse.tried attaching a pic but it keeps vanishing

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you mowing in damp conditions?
Are your deck wheels in contact with the ground? The deck should not be supported by the deck wheels.
Do you have the correct blades?
Is your deck leveled and pitched correctly? Check level and pitch as described in your manual.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This site requires images and files to be under a certain size. Try posting an image under 1000 x 1000 pixels. Most modern smart phones just stores image in way too large of a format. Here I use an image hosting site and reduce to acceptable size. The forum I manage the image restriction is 600 x 600 and no files are allowed upload mainly to keep costs down.

A lot of the times here I simply bring the image up on my computer, use the snipping program, and post a copy of the snipped image.

As for the tracks are these wheel or gauge wheel tracks? Or are they narrower like the blade tip not cutting? Two different problems.

The first ones can be caused by the type grass being and its length. Here I have crabgrass [I hate it btw] and the direction of cut causes problems with left side of the deck and wheels pressing it down. The last one can be cause by dull blades, worn out blades, or blades shorter than needed to cut an overlap.

RayMcD

Threads
I currently experiencing experiencing tracks being left between blades. Running a 48in 7 iron jd deck with 3 blades. The blade cut is fine and even but I'm getting 2 tracks left between the outter and inner blades, running out of ideas where to look. Yep, tire pressure is correct and the deck settings correct.
Any suggestions welcome.
I would ask what changed? I assume this has not always been an issue.r

bkeller500

Threads
I would also suggest you verify the deck pitch and level is correct. If you have the correct blades, and the correct tire pressure, then the only thing left is air flow. Air flow is controlled by the deck being level and the front to back pitch is correct.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would also suggest you verify the deck pitch and level is correct. If you have the correct blades, and the correct tire pressure, then the only thing left is air flow. Air flow is controlled by the deck being level and the front to back pitch is correct.
And, the deck not riding on the anti-scalp wheels.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know these mowers but here is a question. Can one misroute a belt so that a blade direction is accidentally reversed, so that the grass still gets cut but the design changes? Are the blades such that the leading edge can face different directions so that if a blade is swapped but put on upside down, it doesn't cut right and leaves a pattern?

Ips

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know these mowers but here is a question. Can one misroute a belt so that a blade direction is accidentally reversed, so that the grass still gets cut but the design changes? Are the blades such that the leading edge can face different directions so that if a blade is swapped but put on upside down, it doesn't cut right and leaves a pattern?
The tracks are left between the blades. All specs are correct and checked again every 2 has but not change. The deck is level as per john deere instructions, I've tried the anti scalp wheels both clear of the ground and on the ground no difference, in fact off the ground causes an other problem in thick grass by tilting the deck. My cut height is generally at an 1.75in2022-05-26-13-55-59-232.jpg