Tracks between blades

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I may have mislead people calling them tram tracks but it was the best way I could think of to descibe, the lines they are not depressions they are uncut lines between the blades.
Sorry for the confusion
If it’s too wet and the deck wheels are too low, the deck wheels can push the grass down and does not rebound before it can be cut. Mowing too low in wet conditions will slow the blade speed. When the engine is bogging down, everything powered by the engine slows too. Optimally, only 1/3 of the grass length should be removed during your mow.

bkeller500

Threads
If those stripes of taller grass are left from you coming back in the opposite direction from the previous pass, it would seem to be a tilted deck and a level issue. If they are all from going in the same direction it could still be a level issue. Are you measuring the deck or the blade tips when you level the deck? Set your deck at 4". then use a 4" spacer to measure the blade tips at the extreme right and left positions. Adjust the deck level so that the blade tips just clear the 4" spacer. You can make a spacer from a piece of wood or plastic pipe cut to 4". Then cut your lawn at that 4" setting and post results.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
uncut grass between the blade overlaps is blade wear, wrong blades for the deck, mowing too fast and around this time of year down here the grass itself as it will be seeding and seed stalks do not cut well with rotary mowers
The photos do really look like wheel ruts
Also the front deck wheels can push the grass down so that the blades do not cut it at some times of the year

Lawn Addict
Threads
As previously mentioned: Cut higher & see if it does the same.. 1.75" is scalping, especially in wet conditions..

Ips

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks all, pulled the deck off today for really good look. Blades ok but resharpened them any way, blade tips less than a finger between them and even.
Two things I did note
The belt had developed a twist and had a split that probably let go next operation.
The deck had 2 fractures either side of the front centre skid wheels (now welded back into place) and the right front wall seemed to be bent in, which prevented the R H front skid wheel from maintaining the correct spacing. A big 1m shifter and sledge hammer I thing has brought it back into line. I hope.
I'm away for a few weeks so I'll see what happens when I get back and let you know the outcome
Cj