Toro turfmaster

CZLawnCare

Threads
Hi guys, friday im planning to go buy my dealers demo turfmaster and was just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience with the machine before i pull the plug on it?
Thanks
Chris

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi guys, friday im planning to go buy my dealers demo turfmaster and was just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience with the machine before i pull the plug on it?
Thanks
Chris

I'm very curious on your experience with it time savings wise. I'm buying the timemaster next year (yes I know residential) but if I love the time savings and looks of cut the year after that ill make the commercial commitment.

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm very curious on your experience with it time savings wise. I'm buying the Time-Master next year (yes I know residential) but if I love the time savings and looks of cut the year after that ill make the commercial commitment.

I think you're making a mistake buying the Time-Master. All your doing when you buy the Time-Master is spending a thousand plus dollars to save five hundred. I don't believe you will find the time savings on the Time-Master will be the same as the Turf-Master over the 21 inch.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you're making a mistake buying the Time-Master. All your doing when you buy the Time-Master is spending a thousand plus dollars to save five hundred. I don't believe you will find the time savings on the Time-Master will be the same as the Turf-Master over the 21 inch.

Everywhere I look I find the turf master at 2000+ the timemaster is only 950 to 1000 if I found the turf master for 1500 I would jump at it this point in my business I can't make that kind of investment yet

Threads
Everywhere I look I find the turf master at 2000+ the timemaster is only 950 to 1000 if I found the turf master for 1500 I would jump at it this point in my business I can't make that kind of investment yet

Yeah that's a good point.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I purchased the Turf-Master for $1698 from my dealer, the MSRP is 1999. I called the Exmark dealer about there 30 and they said they would come down to $1600 on theirs. The Time-Master is $1049 at HD. Talk to the Toro Dealer if he wants to sell a Turf- master he will come off that $1999 price tag. Right now they will deal because Toro is most likely pushing the sales of the mowers for advertisement, a year from now that may not be the case. Now I agree it's a big investment but 1049 isn't exactly cheap either and personally It makes more sense to front $1698 once and Have a mower that I can use for years. I mean really a $1049 is a lot of money to put out there for a back up mower and that's what the Time-master will be if you Buy the Turf-Master down the road.

CZLawnCare

Threads
Im getting there demo with 2 hours on it for 1600

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I purchased the Turf-Master for $1698 from my dealer, the MSRP is 1999. I called the Exmark dealer about there 30 and they said they would come down to $1600 on theirs. The Time-Master is $1049 at HD. Talk to the Toro Dealer if he wants to sell a Turf- master he will come off that $1999 price tag. Right now they will deal because Toro is most likely pushing the sales of the mowers for advertisement, a year from now that may not be the case. Now I agree it's a big investment but 1049 isn't exactly cheap either and personally It makes more sense to front $1698 once and Have a mower that I can use for years. I mean really a $1049 is a lot of money to put out there for a back up mower and that's what the Time-master will be if you Buy the Turf-Master down the road.

Yes how ever I will have a back up no? And this would be more than a test I believe that the time master will be more than sufficient. The time master's briggs has a little more power than thne turf masters kawi however it is a briggs.

I have been using residential grade mowers for a while with little problem expect parts getting worn (wheels and belts) I'm crazy about maintenance

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Toro Turfmaster

Yes how ever I will have a back up no? And this would be more than a test I believe that the time master will be more than sufficient. The time master's briggs has a little more power than thne turf masters kawi however it is a briggs. I have been using residential grade mowers for a while with little problem expect parts getting worn (wheels and belts) I'm crazy about maintenance

That's a lot of money on a test and whether it will be sufficient or not I have to question. I have the Honda 190 cc engine that I run and IMO is a lot more motor than the 190cc B&S and I can tell that the Kawasaki FJ 180KAI 6 hp will out mow the Honda and the Briggs I have, there is honestly not comparison and the thing is the Turf-Master is 167lbs not an 86lb mower like the others. You have to remember you're comparing a Residential engine to a Commercial grade engine, there are some big differences. One of the knocks from people on the Time-master is its lack of power.