TORO TIMECUTTER

Threads
Would you recommend the Toro Timecutter ZTR mower (cutting width around 30-40in.)? Is it build-to-last and also leaves a good cut (without clumps of grass)?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Depends on what you are going to do with it, residential or commercial work.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I mow around 10-15 0.25 acre yards a week, and I hope to grow, so......

The Time cutter does have a good cut for a residential unit but I don't think it will do well as a replacement for a commercial unit which is what you should be looking for if your serious about starting a lawncare business. That said there are different model time cutters available and if you were to look at the higher end models they maybe more suitable for what you want, but there also more money.
If I were you I'd start shopping on Craigslist and try finding a used commercial ZTR or possibly a wide area walk behind mower.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The toro is a good mower but I would not go over a 40 - 42 inch deck. The toro gives you a real nice cut a lot better than most of the bigger ZTR s
Toro is rated at the top as far as spindles go.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For mowing 1/4 acre lots the Timecutter will do an excellent job in a short amount of time. You will be able to mulch, bag or side discharge with it as your customers wish. It has a cast alloy deck which is built to last and clumping will not be a problem unless you are mowing wet or very thick long grass.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I mow around 10-15 0.25 acre yards a week, and I hope to grow, so......

The Time cutter is a Residential Mower. It has the EZT drives designed for the residential customer who mows lawn once or twice a week, not for a commercial operator or someone trying to break into the business.

possum

Threads
I was under the impression the decks on those were steel. The only one I saw up close was brand new, the deck looked to come off easy, and I have seen it mow and it does well. The guy likes his alot, but he mows only a little with it. The smaller ones would be handy on small lots, the warranty looks to be a good one but does not have one for commercial use.

A_tank96

Threads
I've got a toro timecutter z4200, and I use it commercially, but VERY small yards, and only like 8. I'd look at a Toro Titan in a 48 inch Deck. Or if you have to do 42 inch, Look at a Toro Timecutter mx, better deck, etc.