Toro 75756 zero turn will not start

jfpresl

Forum Newbie
Threads
What I have tested and is okay:
Battery
Switch is working correctly
Tested each interlock switch (seat, left and right arms - Each switch operates the parking break as needed)
Starting solenoid

What I have tested and is not okay:
Ground to solenoid - Bypass and ground directly to battery - Using key will not turn engine over, will not start and run.

Disconnect pigtail from brake box and jumper ground and fuel and it will start/stop from the switch

Any thoughts on why ground at solenoid is not grounded?

jfpresl

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I disconnected the pigtail to the breaker box and jumped on the pigtail the ground from the solenoid and jumped the fuel pump, the engine will start and run from using the switch.

cliffblue

Threads
I’m having the same problem on my 75754. My schematic shows the starter solenoid and pto clutch’s ground coming from the brake actuator. Is there a safety in it?

cliffblue

Threads
I’m having the same problem on my 75754. My schematic shows the starter solenoid and pto clutch’s ground coming from the brake actuator. Is there a safety in it?
Looking at the manual shared by Rivets, it is identical to the one in my manual. Is there a drawing showing what happens inside the brake actuator?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Basically the brake controller module is the interlock module too.

The brake control module is the ground source. I have several these mower with corroded terminals in the so call weather proof connector. I even seen pins of the modules corroded off. To test the module output ground turn keyswitch to run, be on the seat, and then see if the PTO clutch will cycle.

The brake module also control the 12v for key switch therefore controls the starter solenoid (relay). Most likely the harness and brake module has to be replaced. Unless you the tools, terminals, and connector to replace the bad connector but you still would still need a new brake module.

1720438137855.png

cliffblue

Threads

jfpresl, I’m interested in your solution if you have found one.​

jfpresl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have not found a solution. Sorry. Would love one also.

cliffblue

Threads
Here is what I have found. I pulled the plug off the brake actuator. I cleaned and blew off the plug and receptacle on the actuator. They both look brand new. My 75754 was left out in the weather for 4 years before I got it. I plugged it back together, and using a test light, I checked each wire at the back of the plug. I’m not sure what the mag kill wire does, so I couldn’t test it. The green ground was the only other wire that doesn’t function as I think it should. I can see potted relays on the actuator. I suspect one of them is the problem. I have no ground for the starter solenoid or pto clutch. I will start looking for a brake actuator tomorrow.

cliffblue

Threads
Basically the brake controller module is the interlock module too.

The brake control module is the ground source. I have several these mower with corroded terminals in the so call weather proof connector. I even seen pins of the modules corroded off. To test the module output ground turn keyswitch to run, be on the seat, and then see if the PTO clutch will cycle.

The brake module also control the 12v for key switch therefore controls the starter solenoid (relay). Most likely the harness and brake module has to be replaced. Unless you the tools, terminals, and connector to replace the bad connector but you still would still need a new brake module.

View attachment 69156
Thanks for the color schematic.