Toro 4225 Timecutter Oil Drain Hose Difficult to Remove

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Toro 4225 Timecutter Oil Drain Hose Difficult to Remove
Why are you blaming Tor for an oil change bill. If you just had the oil changed that would be a little high. Did they do anything else? Spring tuneup, plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter, plus sharpen the blades? What is their labor rate, $80.00/hr. Let’s see, parts $40.00, blade sharpening $15.00, labor 45 minutes =$60.00 plus pick/delivery $75.00? Seems reasonable to me when you add tax. Looks like you should find a different place to have it serviced, Toro has no control over anything I see. Plus I googled that service kit number and found it immediately.

Mad@Toro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Disagree Toro should have something called quality control when they release a mower so a typical consumer like me can change my oil myself like it shows in the manual without having to send it out for service

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Really don’t see why it is that difficult to change the oil. I’ll agree that the drain hose can be a pain, but I’ve not had The problem of breakage as described in this posts, plus seeing you didn’t disagree that other things I figured were on your bill, there’s no reason to complain about Toro about a high bill.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah and make sure you post up your engine numbers too.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro makes great machines.

Mad@Toro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Toro makes great machines.
7394 I don’t doubt it that is why I purchased my timecutter. It would be nice if someone could submit a viable way of removing the oil hose (Toro) without destroying it so I could use it for the intended purpose. I have tried heat,lube,channel locks(using a towel on the jaws),forceful pulling and gnashing of teeth all have failed..

Last edited:

averajr76

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just wound up making my own with a small hose clamp a 3/8" tube to 1/2" screw connector and a 1/2" screw cap with a hose gasket. Found the items at the local True Value and I just cut off the tip of the hose that had the broken spigot and got it all assembled in less than 5 minutes and all for under $5. See the pics

IMG_9738.jpg IMG_9739.jpg

averajr76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Disagree Toro should have something called quality control when they release a mower so a typical consumer like me can change my oil myself like it shows in the manual without having to send it out for service
It was not difficult at all to change out the oil. there are some good youtube videos and it was not messy at all. Took less time than i expected.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Use a pair of pliers and gently twist the hose while pulling it down. Put a thin film of silicone grease or Vaseline on the hose keeper nipple. This will make future changes easier.