Toro 4225 Timecutter Oil Drain Hose Difficult to Remove

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Toro 4225 Timecutter Oil Drain Hose Difficult to Remove
There are a few different kits, but simple to make it yourself like in post # 27.. (y)

Roughcutsounds

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am here because I also broke my spigot. I think some hose only require a slight turn and tug while mine felt like the plastic bonded to the rubber. The broken spigot could not be removed from the hose without a needle nose and slowly breaking it apart, then I was able to pull out the rest. So, my guess is a chemical bond occurred between hose end and spigot. Can someone confirm there is no need to replace Shroud with broken spigot? Just plugging the top of the hose will work.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can someone confirm there is no need to replace Shroud with broken spigot?

As long as there is no open hole to under the shroud, that would create cooling air loss.. No worries..

btlwhulka

Forum Newbie
Threads
I broke spigot off into my hose as well. Does any one have a good link to order the new cowling and maybe a link to you tube video showing how to replace? thanks.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ridiculous I had to shell out $160 for my first oil change ($75 pickup and delivery fee). I am thinking about going the sump pump route tho I have never done it before so that will be additional expense. THANK YOU TORO!
Simple maintenance is NOT a Toro issue.

Where in your programming did someone tell you that you are "entitled" to things like free oil and filters?

And your username mad at Toro? I don't get it.....

packardv8

Threads
The simple act of draining the oil seems to be a Toro issue. I have an earlier model ZT Timecutter with the Kohler V-twin and it's the only engine of any type I've worked on in sixty years where the oil takes an hour to drain. It just shouldn't be that hard, Toro, Kohler, B&S.

jack vines

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The simple act of draining the oil seems to be a Toro issue. I have an earlier model ZT Timecutter with the Kohler V-twin and it's the only engine of any type I've worked on in sixty years where the oil takes an hour to drain. It just shouldn't be that hard, Toro, Kohler, B&S.

jack vines

Has NOTHING to do with Toro. Toro makes the mower not the engine.

Use an oil evac pump. They come in hand powered and electrics you connect to your car battery. All of about 7 seconds and your oil is out of the sump. Change the filter if your engine has one. Not a big deal guys. An hour to change oil?? Crazy.

Here you go. A whopping 25 bucks shipped to your door. Comes with all the hoses and adapters. Ready to use out of the box.

Forget tipping mowers and hour long oil dumps.

1689027550428.png

packardv8

Threads
"I say beware of any enterprise requiring new clothes."

Changed the oil on a hundred different kinds of engines without a suction drain attachment. A lawnmower which requires spending $25 for a plastic chicom whizbang just to drain the oil is poorly engineered . . . . and that's all I'm going to say about that.

jack vines

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
"I say beware of any enterprise requiring new clothes."
Nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Changed the oil on a hundred different kinds of engines without a suction drain attachment.
I bet so.

A lawnmower which requires spending $25 for a plastic chicom whizbang just to drain the oil is poorly engineered . . . . and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Maybe you shouldn't have bought it?

His and her push mowers. That's all I say about that LOL. Get a couple for the kids. Whole family out mowing. Great for some good ol' family bonding time.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm leaning towards operator inexperience @ maintenance.

It ain't rocket science.