To buy or not to buy

ueww40

Threads
Come to think of it, there are always the California wackos. i read once that Zero Turners in CA have a charcoal canister somewhere in their fuel system, whereas the other 49 states don't. I know my RZT doesn't have one. On my diagram the purge line comes from the fuel pump and goes to the frame of the air filter housing meaning whatever comes out of that purge line gets sucked back into the carb. That's starting to make sense. Any thoughts on my other 2 questions?

Auto Doc's

Threads
I am thinking about buying a zero turn Cub Cadet model RZT-L46 FAB (17AGCACN010). That one has the Honda engine GXV630. I don't know anything about CC or zero turners. My mowers in the past have been Craftsman and Ariens. $300 asking price seems to be a good deal. Seller says it needs a starter and engine is not running, but turns by hand. It's about a 100 miles away so I have not gone out to see the mower yet. Can you guys give me some tips what to look out for, what to check and what questions to ask about this particular model, its known weak spots and trouble areas and its good points. I understand that some of these zero turners have electronics involved, safety sensors and what not that play tricks on you. What makes me wonder and kinda suspicious is that the mower has been up for sale for almost a month now and I am sure that a few bargain hunters have beaten a path to see this mower, I mean 300 bucks is cheap for a ZT, and walked away. - ????? I really appreciate your input on this. Thanks
"Run Forrest Run"

This is more than "just needs a starter". If you are a mower mechanic, this would be a great deal even if it needed an engine replaced.

But, if you are a DIY novice with limited experience, let it go.

Peva

Threads
Come to think of it, there are always the California wackos. i read once that Zero Turners in CA have a charcoal canister somewhere in their fuel system, whereas the other 49 states don't. I know my RZT doesn't have one. On my diagram the purge line comes from the fuel pump and goes to the frame of the air filter housing meaning whatever comes out of that purge line gets sucked back into the carb. That's starting to make sense. Any thoughts on my other 2 questions?
Yeah - I thought about the possibility that CA would be a special case (evap system). Perhaps the Honda aftermarket sells only the 4-line pump to simplify their inventory system (one less part number and part manufacturing/sourcing variation that has to be managed) - perhaps the 4-line pump is universal application by just capping off that line if not needed? (But probably not a good idea to just assume that.)

No ideas on your other two questions. Were you able to find the wiring diagram? A wiring diagram might explain the mystery switch/oil pressure sensor/whatever.

Hopefully someone comes along that is familiar with your particular mowchine.

ueww40

Threads
Peva, actually the 4 legged fuel pump is the original one OEM and I am sure that's all Honda installs just to keep it simple, regardless if the mower goes to CA or AL. They probably just do the line routing a little different to bypass unused features and that's what I am trying to get a handle on. I got everything basically sorted out except for that mystery line going to or coming from the carburetor and that oil switch (maybe it's wireless LOL). I got some half ass wiring diagram which is very difficult to make out but I will try again

Peva

Threads
Well yes - that switch is definitely wireless as it sits now. 😁

Good luck! 😱

ueww40

Threads
I found a great shop manual and I found the answers to my questions. That hose 30 (in post #29) coming from the carburetor is nothing more than a drain hose. The nearly 2 feet of it just hang there open ended pointing to the ground under the engine and allows you to drain the carburetor before removing it and the oil pressure sensor has no wire connected to it, believe it or not.