throttle linkage diagram, high revving regardless of throttle cable setting

Forest#2

Threads
I actually DID do just that, with no change... when it fires, it revs out of control. i have a parts engine,i am pretty sure the gov gear is toast... i just need time to tear the 2 down. but ty for the info!!
I actually DID do just that, with no change... when it fires, it revs out of control.

I recently had same problem as you with one of those twin Inteks. It was a new to me engine that had bad carb plus other things and people had be flogging the engine creating numerous issues..
When I got it cranked up it would go to max throttle but would slow idle if I held the carb manually. I was thinking about pulling the sump and checking the governor but one last attempt at the slow idle static adjust, I got results.
The governor shaft coming out of the engine was actually slipping in the the governor arm. The 7/16 locknut had to be really snug and not limp wristed. Had to use a 1/4 inch drive ratchet with a 7/16 socket and get it good tight.
Problem solved.
If it is broken inside the block be sure and find
all the pieces of the puzzle or the gears will eventually find them.

oldntired55

Threads
I actually DID do just that, with no change... when it fires, it revs out of control.

I recently had same problem as you with one of those twin Inteks. It was a new to me engine that had bad carb plus other things and people had be flogging the engine creating numerous issues..
When I got it cranked up it would go to max throttle but would slow idle if I held the carb manually. I was thinking about pulling the sump and checking the governor but one last attempt at the slow idle static adjust, I got results.
The governor shaft coming out of the engine was actually slipping in the the governor arm. The 7/16 locknut had to be really snug and not limp wristed. Had to use a 1/4 inch drive ratchet with a 7/16 socket and get it good tight.
Problem solved.
If it is broken inside the block be sure and find
all the pieces of the puzzle or the gears will eventually find them.
ok thanks for the info, i can manually pull it down to idle, or , use a spring to pull it back...ill check that and let you know!!