The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Nice rig ya got there Doc, I figure ya got a heater in that baby so you're toasty workin in it ! .. :thumbsup:
got a heater front and rear, a/c too for the summer time as well

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

looks like a Boss 8.2 V

Yup. Power V XT. It's been a good plow. Way more productive than my old straight blade. It has a bad horizontal hinge pin now. The bolt that retains it sheared and I plowed with it for who knows how long before noticing so it's probably bent and gonna be a pain to get out. I'm hoping we don't get any more snow this season. Time for new cutting edges and wing hoses too. Paint too.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Yup. Power V XT. It's been a good plow. Way more productive than my old straight blade. It has a bad horizontal hinge pin now. The bolt that retains it sheared and I plowed with it for who knows how long before noticing so it's probably bent and gonna be a pain to get out. I'm hoping we don't get any more snow this season. Time for new cutting edges and wing hoses too. Paint too.
that center v pin is a bitch to replace when it is bent.........I used to build and install boss plows...it's amazing how much damage the can incur I have seen some seriously bent a frames and quadrants over the years........after you take it off for the season, take and air gun over all the under carriage bolts and re-tighten.....they do start to come loose and will damage your truck if not taken care of soon enough

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

one of the last ones I did before I retired
10891598_760585180684398_1532702951325486236_n.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

here are a few others I have done.
1797375_729553907120859_5403320410017381134_n.jpg
10628274_733720866704163_2744185523654490844_n.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks for the tip. I was told that I may need to use a sawzall to cut the pin to get it out. Cutting a grade 8 bolt that size sounds fun, lol.

The problem with my plow is that it's been so reliable that I take it for granted and really pay it little attention other than lubing the vertical hinge. I thought about trying to change the horizontal pin before the last storm but the trip spring and the wing cylinder hardware was all locked up and it was just a few hours before the storm was supposed to hit. I didn't try very hard to free it but figured I was better off just getting the pin back in - it had worked out about an inch - and tack welding it temporarily. I plan to go through the whole thing before next season. I bought it the first year that the V XT came out (2008?) and haven't done anything to it other than replace wing return springs and hardware and the touch pad.

P.S. - V looks sweet on the UTV!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thanks for the tip. I was told that I may need to use a sawzall to cut the pin to get it out. Cutting a grade 8 bolt that size sounds fun, lol.

The problem with my plow is that it's been so reliable that I take it for granted and really pay it little attention other than lubing the vertical hinge. I thought about trying to change the horizontal pin before the last storm but the trip spring and the wing cylinder hardware was all locked up and it was just a few hours before the storm was supposed to hit. I didn't try very hard to free it but figured I was better off just getting the pin back in - it had worked out about an inch - and tack welding it temporarily. I plan to go through the whole thing before next season. I bought it the first year that the V XT came out (2008?) and haven't done anything to it other than replace wing return springs and hardware and the touch pad.

P.S. - V looks sweet on the UTV!

OK Darryl, ERrrrr SLACKER ! we want a full report with pics, to prove authenticity of the supposed "work" you will perform ! .. :rolleyes:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK Darryl, ERrrrr SLACKER ! we want a full report with pics, to prove authenticity of the supposed "work" you will perform ! .. :rolleyes:

OR...I'll just wait until the plow falls off and rips off the hoses and then worry about it...:laughing: