The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Garage door update

Top filler panel mocked up and installed.
Fit is good, but ran into a roller issue.
Having 2 rollers close together was fine on the curve, but as they entered the straight section, the top roller, being farther away from the panel as it landed in the arc, would require some relief on the lower outside edge of the joint between panels in order for the door to flex backwards.
I could probably do that, but I found the easier option was to remove the roller at the joint between panels.
There is no noticeable weakness at this joint doe to the missing roller.View attachment 36122 View attachment 36125View attachment 36123View attachment 36124

I'll buy that, .. OYYY VAYYYY .. sooooch a deeeeel ! .. evvvvv yeee booodeee shoood haaaf one !! .. ( OLD Country dialect !! )

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Great lunch today!
(No, NOT sardines...)
Fried chicken,chips, cole slaw and a Spaten Oktoberfest

YUM YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Great lunch today!
(No, NOT sardines...)
Fried chicken,chips, cole slaw and a Spaten Oktoberfest

YUM YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I had to "suffer" a Philly Steak N Cheese, with peppers, onions, N mushrooms with BBQ chips / chive-dip, sweet pickles, N a Dr. Pecker !

VG.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Top filler panel mocked up and installed.
Fit is good, but ran into a roller issue.
Having 2 rollers close together was fine on the curve, but as they entered the straight section, the top roller, being farther away from the panel as it landed in the arc, would require some relief on the lower outside edge of the joint between panels in order for the door to flex backwards.
I could probably do that, but I found the easier option was to remove the roller at the joint between panels.
There is no noticeable weakness at this joint doe to the missing roller.View attachment 36122 View attachment 36125View attachment 36123View attachment 36124

Sure hope the garage door opener reaches that far down to the steel panel.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sure hope the garage door opener reaches that far down to the steel panel.

I have test fitted it to the top of the wood panel.
So far, so good.
Problem with attaching to the metal panel is that the force will be applied to the door at a point below the roller in the curve of the track.
I am not sure if that is good or no problem at all.
I will be attaching most critical points with lag bolts all the way thru the door and metal brackets.
I really don't see the wood as being a problem.
Garage doors were manufactured for many years from wood, and I would think a great many of them
were used with openers.
As the stresses will ultimately be applied to metal brackets which span the entire height of the panel, I think the stresses will be distributed across sufficient area.
And the torsion spring really takes the heavy lifting out of the equation..........

I will install the metal brackets once I obtain the aluminum cover.
The brackets are formed in such a way that they go on OK, but are a pain to remove.

I also want to shorten the opener track, if I can adjust sufficient travel on the trolley.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 227,208

Total views 514

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted
sunrise 47.jpg

Morning all you Stayers and newbies.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Worked on my Toro Z Master 320 yesterday. Over the winter I replaced the stator because it would not run the PTO for long. It was dirty inside the engine cover. Not just dirty but caked with oil, grass, and dirt. Cleaned everything up and installed the stator. As I was putting everything back together I found a small oil leak at the valve cover. I was going to just order the gasket but it was not available kind of. Turns out they have a new and improved valve cover and gasket. Glad I did not just find the gasket. I ordered and installed it. They look the same but what a difference in strength. Can not twist the new one at all. So yesterday I decided it was time to reinstall the engine as I think I will be mowing next weekend. I replaced all the fuel lines and I am glad I did. When I went to remove the line it disintegrated in my hand. I have no idea how it was holding fuel at all. So this well-built machine has a brass fuel shut off at the tank and a plastic fuel shut off just before the filter. So back to the install. It was way fun the first 3 tries. It is very close quarters to install and to make it worse it has an oil cooler for the hydros that is mounted in the engine compartment. I did not remove that side of the engine so I did not know how it attached. After 3 tries I figured out the oil cooler attached directly to the engine blower housing. So I removed the oil lines and cleaned out the fins of the oil cooler. That took 20 min with my blower set at 90 psi. What a mess in the garage. I installed the engine for the last time. It was not east because it now has no space to put your hands on the left or right side. Had to do it from front to back till it got to a certain depth then adjust my hands to a different position and then turn the engine to start another downward motion to then turn the engine yet again to a different direction to finish the install. It was a real pain in the arce. I lost light at that point so I will hook everything up today. Oil lines PTO, pulliey, fuel line, choke and throttle. I took lots of pictures. I also marked the throttle and choke with different color paint because they are identical in look. I'm hoping to get 3600 rpm's out of the engine as it seems to be running around 3200 rpm's. Then if I have enough time I will install new tires and hook up the deck to the bagging system. I am so stoked to finish this project.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ted (Boo) has not shown up yet so I am filling in yet again.

Morning Chuck. boo coffee.jpg

Morning you Cling-on's

Thought for the day. thought for the day 1.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ted (Boo) has not shown up yet so I am filling in yet again.

Morning Chuck. View attachment 36132

Morning you Cling-on's

Thought for the day. View attachment 36133

AHhhhh Mr. Chuck, First and foremost, THANKS a TRI-Zillion, for watchin my back, could not get out of bed this mornin, I've had a lower back pain since last Wed. ( was spreading 7 yards of mulch around the house perimeter ) was able to keep going with my Advil, but this was the first morn, I had to ask the wifey for help, I've had this before, (many times when I did Iron-Work) usually goes away after a few days but never had this much pain, I've got some Oxycodone from previous surgeries, BUT, I don't like the "buzzed" feeling, and the light-headed feeling that I get from it, trying to keep moving, standing, and moving around, feels okay but sitting or twisting NOT so good,
SOooooo I may be late and few on the thread, seems everytime I get 1 step forward, something happens to get me 2 steps backward, Oh well, life moves on ! later guy's ........ Boo ..:frown: .. :frown: