Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Cold and rainy down there,Boo??

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo is not on line today. Party time!! But do not let him know. He will git all prissy on us.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Not seein' iz believin'

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Good Morning gang !!
Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas day, I'm wondering if Goomba and Doc got buried in the snow storm, haven't caught the weather/news yet, wifey and I stayed home and enjoyed a quiet restful week-end, usually, for the past 5 years we've had a "family" Christmas party/get-together, about 12-16 members, this year, everybody went separate ways, no gift exchange, not much of anything, except a scattered few Christmas cards, seems there's a big divide in the family, B/S over politics !! someones daughter, got their arse in an uproar over politics because of something on F/B, then it escalated, at first mild disagreement, now.. well the daughter went ballistic on her F/B scene.. now it's brought real tension into the entire family EXCEPT for the daughter's father, (my brother in law) his daughter THINKS he's on THAT side but he's really on THIS side, us guy's could give a schitt less, we discuss politics, but in a civil way we have 8 guys on one "side" and 3 on the other, no bickerin, no screaming, yelling, etc. BUT the wifeys, and daughters... well it's a riot for us guy's to watch the "ladies" ???? , go at it ! but it has caused some real issues in the family, B/S politics !! they should learn to watch COLLEGE football, drink beer/coffee, and eat snacks' ( ooops forget the snacks,) we like our women on the trim trim side. ( LOL ) THEY,.. ( the "ladies" ) need to stay off those &$##@&(^%%$# "social-sites" !!! Well maybe it'll blow over, but us guy's don't REALLY care, we enjoy our man-cave style get-togethers, let the "ladies" fight it out !! ( LOL ) Us guy's will handle it in the voting booth ! ..:confused2:..:laughing:

I would imagine that the USA would be the same as here,
Christmas afternoon is the busiest time for emergency wards and has the highest incidence of stabbing type wounds of any day of the year.
You get large gatherings of people in family groups where several members are not particularly liked nor welcomed.
Then after the big lunch they get stuck into the booze, generally strong spirits and before long people are at each other with whatever is at hand.
Might get a bit more heated down here as the temperature oft goes high enough to melt the solder in the verandah roof & guttering.
The only time I have taken passengers to police stations is christmass day and usually because they are fighting with each other & have damaged the car in the process.

So I do hope you lot had a nice christmass & enjoyed whatever you did for new years

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Bert,

What photo hosting site (if any) do you recommend? Since Photobucket went down early this year, I need another.

Thank you.

Signed,
Clyde

I use H A Rd Drive .
If a list I subscribe to does not support direct posting of images then I do not post them.
Occasionally I might email a person including a picture then refference the picture in all future posts, knowing that no one can follow it , but that is tough.
As for my images, all 150,000 of them, the digital ones are on a pair of mirrored drives and the real ones are filed in loose leaf photo sleeves in my filing cabinet.
Don't have anything in cyberland, for two reason , one you have come across and the other one is " if it is free, you are the product" .
Got about 30 hard drives with nothing on them but images.
For the same reason, whenever I come across a web site with info I think I need, I download the entire site and archive it cause they come & go.
Remember all of the "free" web pages housed on "Geocities" , all vanished when that server got bought out by Yahoo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Is It Right?

Ron,

Those "Begging for money" sites are called "GO FUND ME" and if you really want to get pissed off, spend a little time reading some of the requests! (I never have, but I've listened to others who have.) The fact that our world is populated by idiots dumb enough to actually send send money to perfect strangers just of the strength of their ability to write up a good sob story, is stunning, at least in my eyes.

Roger

Over 1,000,000 people a month send their financial details to email addresses telling them they won a lottery that they never entered.
After getting statistics like that you will believe anything.
After all, if it is on the computer screen it must be true. Bill Gates would never lie :laughing:
People believe that they can get more services from the government while at the same time paying less tax :confused2:
So why would peanuts with more cash than brain cells sending money to an email they can not verify amaze you ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: How the Dutch celebrate New Years

I did not know this and believe me this sort of think really appeals to me!

https://www.chonday.com/28147/ducbeyaer5/

Roger

Well it makes a lot more sense than cramming around the harbour packed in like sardines having your female companion getting touched up by every drunken yobbo that passes then watching 14 tons of fireworks, mainly starburst shells exploding overhead in such a mannar they just become a blur that overwhelms the eyes then having to go home in a train full of vomiting idiots who try to pick a fight with you between technocolour yawns .

We go off banning 2 stroke engines because of pollution then let off over 100 tons of crackers for NYE.
They will blow another 100+ tons for Australia day ( Invasion day if you are black ).

Or perhaps get leggless then kill some one you "love" in your car.
We set a new record this year, 3 seconds for the first road fatality of 2018.

Carbide is banned down here because "terrorists" can use it to make a bomb.
I am amazed that they did not ban the other chemical used, "water ".
I have 5 motorcycles that cave gas lamps and the last time I tried to get carbide for them it took over a year.
Then some desk jocky whose undies were too tight thus cutting off the blood to his pea sized brain decided he knew exactly how much I needed to run the lights for 2 hours & I did not

I do like going to parties but 500,000 people , most of whom do not know ( or care about ) each other is not a party it is a criminal oppertunity.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Welcome back, Bert. We missed your form of wisdom. Not that I do not agree with you on a lot of it.

NorthBama

Threads

Boo must have gotten so much snow the power went out

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo must have gotten so much snow the power went out

I think his bottom got stuck to the seat in his unheated outhouse...........