Synchro Crank Main Bearing?

Cwill418

Threads
I would be very surprised if an original 2 piece counterweight could not fit or be made to fit.

In the meantime, please get some numbers onto the forum
If there is no numbers on the engine then the make model & SERIAL number from the mower as some times those with access to dealer networks can work back from the mower to determine the exact engine specification & from that the actual part number and from that weather they are still available new
I’m unable to find any number other than what’s on the cover, the mower it came off of is unknown I bought it with a bull deal after going to check them out. They kept the bodies.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I took the time to look through all of the spec numbers on kohler partners, (3 pages) appears all of the SV620's listed use the 20 186 04-S then the ,2018603S, but everything dead ends at the 20 186 06-S links
1640310075923.png
So. use that how you may......

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I took the time to look through all of the spec numbers on kohler partners, (3 pages) appears all of the SV620's listed use the 20 186 04-S then the ,2018603S, but everything dead ends at the 20 186 06-S links
View attachment 59161
So. use that how you may......
But if you look at the image posted those are item 7 and not the bearing part he has circled.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
But if you look at the image posted those are item 7 and not the bearing part he has circled.
Oh... i thought we (or I) ended up thinking he circled the wrong part he thought he needed... my bad.:rolleyes:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh... i thought we (or I) ended up thinking he circled the wrong part he thought he needed... my bad.:rolleyes:
What surprises me is why did Kohler show the bearing parts as a separate item in the drawings if they were not going provide them or at least noted that it was for illustration purposes only. I do know the current IPL don't show them as separate items. It would have need sense to have them available if they are separate pieces. But knowing how manufactures are now just selling assemblies it doesn't surprise me especially with Kohler. What worst even the crankshaft assemblies appear to be NLA now.

I had to throw many carburetors used Kohler engines simply because I need a throttle shaft but they only sell the complete carburetor. I got Kawasaki engine coming in where the choke wore completely in two. At they sell the shaft and butterfly. All I got to do is to install a bushing in the $500 carburetor. I just got to some training from my machinist on the operation of my new lathe coming next year.

But I think Kohler is trying to kill off the Courage engine anyway due to all the problem they have had with it. Personally I haven't seen any problems much other the carburetor heat dam wear and the constantly leaking valve cover. The valve issue has been resolved by RTVing it using the proper sealing technique. I have yet to open a single one of these bucket engines. I only got 30 of the SV series under my wing so I might get one next week that need major work.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It appears to be a different countereight
The ones I pulled apart were a 2 piece unit with a top & bottom held together with a single through bolt .
The uit in the posted image shows a 3 piece counter weight with a single bottom & 2 bolt on bearings.
All of the ones I have seen falling have done so because the single through bolt has either broken or loosened .
Now not having access to Kohler service bulletins I could only guess that the 3 piece was an upgrade from the 2 piece .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It appears to be a different countereight
The ones I pulled apart were a 2 piece unit with a top & bottom held together with a single through bolt .
The uit in the posted image shows a 3 piece counter weight with a single bottom & 2 bolt on bearings.
All of the ones I have seen falling have done so because the single through bolt has either broken or loosened .
Now not having access to Kohler service bulletins I could only guess that the 3 piece was an upgrade from the 2 piece .
I supposed this is what you are referring to but no part number for the kit mentioned.
1640466169144.png
1640466202930.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes those are the ones I am familiar with
The 3 piece one with a single solid counterweight and replaceable bearings is a variation I am yet to encounter

Cwill418

Threads
The one I have is I believe the third generation, made of aluminum which is crazy in my opinion. I found another one for parts but the same issue in it it had self destructed.

Cwill418

Threads
I have already got a new timing gear it had got very slightly damaged.

Attachments

• 9C6D38F0-9E58-4412-BF34-A20D112A294D.jpeg
    9C6D38F0-9E58-4412-BF34-A20D112A294D.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 2