Synchro Crank Main Bearing?

Cwill418

Threads
I picked up a SV620 to rebuild, it ran great no smoke, just developed a knock. The link Closest to the cover failed and shattered, still a good running engine.

I am unable to find the links anywhere, does anyone know where I could purchase them? Or any ways around this? Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Need the spec number but fairly sure you need the 20 186 06-S links. According to my last price file update in November they are still available; although, most vendors would need to order them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Item 7 is counter links. What you got circled is the counter weight bearing. There is at least a couple generations of the counter weight and I see at least 29 different spec numbers listed under the SV620. Of the one I looked up don't the bearings separate like your image. It you would need the complete assembly including the crankshaft if still available two versions I check they are listed as NLA.

If i had the spec number I could look up it on Kohler partners or if Kohler Plus [if it is still online] to see the bearing is sold or not; most likely not.

Cwill418

Threads
I see, how would the engine preform without the synchro in it at all?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Never tried it as I don't to replace an engine if things goes wrong in a hurry.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT will self destruct from vibrations.
The thickness of the crank case casting is not sufficient to counter an unbalanced crankshaft

Cwill418

Threads
IT will self destruct from vibrations.
The thickness of the crank case casting is not sufficient to counter an unbalanced crankshaft
Kinda figured, only asked because I heard in a different model of engine that people were doing it. I’ll wait til I’m able to locate a parts motor. Or the part itself. Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
if you chase up repair only work shops you probably find one
they are the sort of parts idiots like me always keep just in case some one wants one.
big box stores will not have them because they want to sell you a new engine if not a complete mower

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would be very surprised if an original 2 piece counterweight could not fit or be made to fit.

In the meantime, please get some numbers onto the forum
If there is no numbers on the engine then the make model & SERIAL number from the mower as some times those with access to dealer networks can work back from the mower to determine the exact engine specification & from that the actual part number and from that weather they are still available new