Export thread

SURPRISE

BKBrown

BKBrown

Have you done anything with your Ventrac that surprised someone ?

"I don't believe that little tractor could do that" !!!! :shocked:

BKBrown

BKBrown

OK -- I'll get it started.

A neighbor has a 1949 1 Ton Commercial Chevy Flatbed Truck - It had been sitting in the low area of a flod plain for years and he wanted it up on high ground where we could see about getting it running.

It was wet grassy surface and J.R. did not believe I was about to pull this truck up hill on wet grass.
I hooked onto the truck and pulled it up to high level ground without even spinning a wheel.

J.R. Could NOT believe my VENTRAC pulled that truck and I didn't even have the dual wheels on.

:confused2: :eek: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

If it had not worked - I could have installed the dual wheel set and pulled it easily !

Ventrac

Ventrac

Great story BK!
People are ALWAYS amazed at how well these tractors can pull and not tear up the turf!!:thumbsup:
I love taking our product on slopes. No matter how much you tell somebody what it can do, they never believe it till they see it :smile:

BKBrown

BKBrown

People are always surprised that the attachments change so quickly - I am out doing something with the excavator bucket and go home for a couple min. - return with the blade -- or leave the bucket on the front and come back with blade on rear.

Blade, Bucket, Aerator, Spreader, Blower, Mower, Dual Wheel set -- all on or off in just a couple min. :biggrin:

SNOW in the forecast tonight after I just took the winter tires off the truck ! :rolleyes:

JDgreen

JDgreen

People are always surprised that the attachments change so quickly - I am out doing something with the excavator bucket and go home for a couple min. - return with the blade -- or leave the bucket on the front and come back with blade on rear.

Blade, Bucket, Aerator, Spreader, Blower, Mower, Dual Wheel set -- all on or off in just a couple min. :biggrin:

SNOW in the forecast tonight after I just took the winter tires off the truck ! :rolleyes:

You guys are always kinda bragging about your Ventracs....I don't mind that, but what does one cost, anyhow...just the base machine, without any attachments?

BKBrown

BKBrown

You guys are always kinda bragging about your Ventracs....I don't mind that, but what does one cost, anyhow...just the base machine, without any attachments?

That would be best answered by "Ventrac" (the member here) Mine was purchased 6 years ago with the attachments. At that time with the 60" Mower, Snow Blower, Aerator, Dozer Blade,Spreader, Dual Wheel Set, & Excavator Bucket - it was around $25 K -- I also have the leaf blower now 180 MPH 4,000 CFM.

I can't believe everything it will do myself and I use it all the time ! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

JDgreen

That would be best answered by "Ventrac" (the member here) Mine was purchased 6 years ago with the attachments. At that time with the 60" Mower, Snow Blower, Aerator, Dozer Blade,Spreader, Dual Wheel Set, & Excavator Bucket - it was around $25 K -- I also have the leaf blower now 180 MPH 4,000 CFM.

I can't believe everything it will do myself and I use it all the time ! :thumbsup:

Thanks that seems very reasonable...I was thinking it would be a lot more...:thumbsup:

Ventrac

Ventrac

Thanks for the question JD!
We are the manufacturer and we do not deal direct, we deal through a dealer network in the states and a distribution network internationally. I can give you the MSRP, but if you check out Dealer Locator for USA and Canada and contact your nearest dealer they will usually always work with you on price.

The 4000 Series (up to 30 different attachments) has 5 different engine models and ranges from $16k-$22k.
The 3000 Series (up to 15 different attachments) has 2 different engine models and ranges from $11k-$13.5k.

BKBrown

BKBrown

BUMP

Come on Ventrac owners - I can't be the only one who has surprised people ! :confused2:

S

Slater

BUMP

Come on Ventrac owners - I can't be the only one who has surprised people ! :confused2:

I would like to get more photos of some slope mowing I do, because people can't believe what I do next to the highway, but this snow photo will have to do, this impressed a lot of people! :thumbsup:

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

Yep -- Impressive -- with our last winter (not this year) we had 20" & 24" snows, Not as much as you had, but I did 9 drives and 1/2 mile to the main road. NO PROBLEM :thumbsup:
FebSnow1.jpgFebSnow2.jpg
:biggrin:
I would like to get more photos of some slope mowing I do, because people can't believe what I do next to the highway, but this snow photo will have to do, this impressed a lot of people! :thumbsup:

S

Slater

Just last week I was using the Ventrac Power Rake to level out my in-laws 1/4 mile gravel driveway after a pretty harsh winter that created a lot of pot holes and 'streams' (I don't know what you want to call them, but the water cuts through the driveway pretty good) The driveway also had a really large 'ledge' in the middle because the sides got packed down from traffic. So after digging in deep and bringing up all the rocks that had been compacted into the soil and taking out the pot holes and ruts, the driveway looked like new gravel had just been laid down and leveled out! We do this to our driveway every year and we have not laid more gravel since we've started. :thumbsup:

Just when I was finishing, the neighbor across the street came over and asked what I was doing. He was having a lot of problems with his mile long driveway that was getting a lot of pot holes and a large ledge in the middle. They had purchased the house last year and he has been trying to figure out a way to fix it. He has laid down new gravel twice and it has not seemed to help. I told him a little bit of what I was doing and offered to come show him on his driveway when I was done and he said that would be great! So after finishing the in-laws drive, I went over to his place. I did the first quarter of his driveway up to the bridge that went across a creek (I know I am bad, but it was getting darker and I had other things to do :rolleyes: but I think I showed him the value of what I was doing!) It took out the middle ledge without a problem, then dug down into the drive to pull up all of the old gravel. Once again, a driveway that looks newly graveled! :biggrin: He was amazed at what it had done and has now gone to his local dealer and rented the unit and after driving by yesterday I noticed it was all done and looking great! So thats just one more story that shows how valuable the Ventrac can be!:shocked:

Here is a video of it in action! YouTube - The Ventrac KP540 Power Rake

BKBrown

BKBrown

OK Ventrac owners.

In the John Deere thread one Deere Zero Turn owner thinks his Deere will stick to slopes better than a Ventrac. Do you believe that ? ??? ???

Quote from darkcanuck80 in the Deere thread "It won't stick to the hills or do ditches like a 997. I have been able tohase out our walk behinds cause I can do all the hills."

S

Slater

OK Ventrac owners.

In the John Deere thread one Deere Zero Turn owner thinks his Deere will stick to slopes better than a Ventrac. Do you believe that ? ??? ???

Quote from darkcanuck80 in the Deere thread "It won't stick to the hills or do ditches like a 997. I have been able tohase out our walk behinds cause I can do all the hills."

Lol not to speak low of the 997, because the 997 and Ventrac are two totally different types of units, but tell him to give us a call when he gets stuck! I would love to show him what my Ventrac can do on slopes and if he thinks his 997 will do better on slopes he must be drinking the green koolaid! :biggrin:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Yes, They are 2 totally different machines, I'm sure his is great for what he does, but he did mention getting stuck.

I'll bet the Ventrac could pull him out and then do what he was attempting to do when he got stuck.

Just to be CLEAR -- I'm not putting down his machine -- just two different animals and designed for different things.

S

Slater

Yes, They are 2 totally different machines, I'm sure his is great for what he does, but he did mention getting stuck.

I'll bet the Ventrac could pull him out and then do what he was attempting to do when he got stuck.

Just to be CLEAR -- I'm not putting down his machine -- just two different animals and designed for different things.

Exactly and it is good to keep the conversation like that. I love my ventrac, but don't discount other mowers because I love my ventrac so blindly. Every mower has its different purpose. Some do things better than others, and in this case I know my Ventrac does hills better than his 997 :biggrin:

BKBrown

BKBrown

This is JRs 1 Ton Chevy Truck and the spot I pulled it from with the Ventrac.
It is steeper than it looks (especially pulling this truck).

JRs 1Ton.jpg
To  JRs Splitter.jpg

BKBrown

BKBrown

This is the Dam I mow with the Ventrac (Dual Wheels attached) too wet today 3/4" rain last night.
Dam 1.jpg Dam 2.jpg Dam 3.jpg
Dam 4.jpg Dam 5.jpg

and our floating dock on our pond Pond - Dock.jpg :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

Great photos BK :thumbsup: I bet some more people will be mowing soon, but everything is so wet around here everybody is waiting :thumbdown:

BKBrown

BKBrown

What would you estimate the slope to be in those pictures of the Dam ??? :confused: :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

What would you estimate the slope to be in those pictures of the Dam ??? :confused: :biggrin:

It is incredibly hard to estimate slope from photos. We struggle truly portraying how steep a slope really is with videos and pictures, can't ever get good depth (Believe me, I run up and down the slopes filming at most of the shoots and it is no fun!!:biggrin:)

People never really understand what 30 degrees is until they try to walk the hill. I would maybe say that the 5th photo from that angle could be 25 to 30 degrees, but then again I am just trying to guess from a picture and may be completely off :confused2: Looks like you have a slope indicator though so you should be able to tell me :thumbsup: or do I not want to know :biggrin:

BKBrown

BKBrown

I could, but I won't get on that slope sideways :eek: - I could probably mount the slope indicator on the tool box (I may try that) to get a reading. One of your Demo guys ran all over that slope up and down and sideways. I'll see if I can get a slope reading when it dries out a little !
It is incredibly hard to estimate slope from photos. We struggle truly portraying how steep a slope really is with videos and pictures, can't ever get good depth (Believe me, I run up and down the slopes filming at most of the shoots and it is no fun!!:biggrin:)

People never really understand what 30 degrees is until they try to walk the hill. I would maybe say that the 5th photo from that angle could be 25 to 30 degrees, but then again I am just trying to guess from a picture and may be completely off :confused2: Looks like you have a slope indicator though so you should be able to tell me :thumbsup: or do I not want to know :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

It's ALWAYS better to be safe! :thumbsup: Some people shouldn't drive on a 20 degree slope due to inexperience, turf conditions, or other variables. A quick and easy option is to just put the slope indicator on a spare 2x4 and try it out that way, no need to mess around with mounting then :smile:

BKBrown

BKBrown

OK - I'm not worried about tipping over with the duals on the machine, but it will slide sideways if you hit a wet patch. I'd rather go up and down. I'll see what I can do to get a slope reading and a picture of it.

BKBrown

BKBrown

This is the slope gauge on the dam (best I could do without the duals and wet ground) This is not the steepest spot.
A little over 20 degrees without the dual wheel / tire set on wet ground. :biggrin:
Slope closeup .jpgDam Slope 1.jpg

Ventrac

Ventrac

Looks good! Currently the ground is so saturated there is no sense in trying to mow the steep parts with the way turf conditions are right now :thumbdown: I like mowing grass, but you can't do it when your yard looks like a pond :eek:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Well, when it is more dry and I put the duals on, I'll see if I can get a better shot of the gauge on a steeper part of the slope. :thumbsup:
I don't believe any Zero Turn will do what this Ventrac will do on a slope ! :biggrin:

Calling for more rain this afternoon - we have been behind on rainfall totals, but it does not need to come so fast and so hard - I'd love slow steady rain overnight and dry for a few days then slow and steady again (not asking too much am I) :rolleyes:

Ventrac

Ventrac

I'd love slow steady rain overnight and dry for a few days then slow and steady again (not asking too much am I) :rolleyes:

You and me both :biggrin: Have had constant flood warnings for the better part of a week already and it will continue through the end of the week.

S

Slater

Nice pictures BK! I keep forgetting to take some when I am out, will try to do sometime in the next week :smile:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Slope Gauge 39.jpg Slope 37+.jpg
Finally got to mow the back side of our Dam today. It has been too wet and still is in spots. Dual wheels mounted and I put the Slope Gauge on the cover of the tool box - the picture of the gauge is with the tractor near the top and reads about 39 degrees. the 2nd picture is from the far side looking back to where I got 37+ (39) on the gauge. :thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Be careful ... thats too steep ... I have rolled a tractor before, trying to find its limits, not something I want to do again...
Stay lucky and watch out for unexpected soft spots & holes... :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

BKBrown

I am only going up and down and have the dual wheel set mounted - the Ventrac is nearly as wide as it is long with the Duals on. The Ventrac rep. was all over that slope both up and down and across -- I'm not that crazy ! The Ventrac articulates and oscillates and keeps all 4 corners on the ground. One of the reasons I have this machine is for the low center of gravity and stability. :thumbsup: I AM careful !

Be careful ... thats too steep ... I have rolled a tractor before, trying to find its limits, not something I want to do again...
Stay lucky and watch out for unexpected soft spots & holes... :smile:KennyV

twall

twall

The word "oscillates"......are you meaning a 'twisting' motion? Oscillation is the description of an inward-outward movement from a fixed point......or does the Ventrac do that, too?

Would "pivot" be more appropriate?

BKBrown

BKBrown

I'm using the word that Ventrac uses - There is actually a Ball type joint connecting the front and rear of the tractor.
articulating.jpg

Discover the center articulating and oscillating difference. The Ventrac tractor frame pivots and oscillates in the center giving it incredible flexibility, gentle touch on turf, and an advantage on slopes and rough terrain by keeping all four tires in contact with the ground all the time.

Center Oscillating Frame:

The front frame oscillates independently of the rear frame. This allows the Ventrac to adapt to the terrain and keeps all four drive tires in contact with the ground even on the roughest terrain.

twall

twall

I'm using the word that Ventrac uses - There is actually a Ball type joint connecting the front and rear of the tractor.
articulating.jpg

Discover the center articulating and oscillating difference. The Ventrac tractor frame pivots and oscillates in the center giving it incredible flexibility, gentle touch on turf, and an advantage on slopes and rough terrain by keeping all four tires in contact with the ground all the time.

Center Oscillating Frame:

The front frame oscillates independently of the rear frame. This allows the Ventrac to adapt to the terrain and keeps all four drive tires in contact with the ground even on the roughest terrain.

Although, the actual word "oscillate" can mean just "variate". Didn't someone start a thread on what word to use for what? :laughing:

Most commonly, it's used to describe variances in radio wave frequency. So you have a radio-controlled tractor with an oscillator in it......:biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

Although, the actual word "oscillate" can mean just "variate". Didn't someone start a thread on what word to use for what? :laughing:

Looks like baker already wrote on the oscillate part, but here is the page he pulled it from.
Ventrac - Advantages: Center Oscillating/Articulating Tractor
Oh and baker I am just going to close my eyes and not look at your slope indicator :biggrin:
Kenny is right that you need to be safe but you will slide to the bottom before tipping. In this case you have a flat bottom so you are safer, but it would be a different story if there was a dropoff at the bottom or a pond.

twall

twall

Looks like baker already wrote on the oscillate part, but here is the page he pulled it from.

Okay...then why use articulate and oscillate if you intend 'oscillation' to mean 'variable'? Because it sounds cooler and gets you closer to a justification of Ventrac's price? :biggrin: A ball-type joint would SWIVEL. Too plain for ads?

Just messin with you guys.

BKBrown

BKBrown

Who is baker ? -- it's B.K. Brown -- Again -- I'm going straight up and down the slope (front pointed to the top and back pointed to the bottom) the gauge was mounted on the top of the tool box just behind the hydro controls so slope indicated was front to back not side to side as it would be when mounted on the rear edge of the hood -- I would not go across that slope !
Ventrac - Advantages: Center Oscillating/Articulating Tractor
Oh and baker I am just going to close my eyes and not look at your slope indicator :biggrin:
Kenny is right that you need to be safe but you will slide to the bottom before tipping. In this case you have a flat bottom so you are safer, but it would be a different story if there was a dropoff at the bottom or a pond.

Ventrac

Ventrac

Okay...then why use articulate and oscillate if you intend 'oscillation' to mean 'variable'? Because it sounds cooler and gets you closer to a justification of Ventrac's price? :biggrin:

Just messin with you guys.

I'm not the technical guy to ask :laughing:but it does do both. Simply saying it articulates in the middle would not tell you that it actually does flex/oscilate in the middle. It would only say that the two parts turn independently of each other on a horizontal plain. But you could still have an overall solid frame. Downside is that if your front left tire goes up on a curb, then your lifting off your back left tire from the ground. So your decreasing your traction and stability. The oscilating part allows it to flex in the middle or on a vertical plain so all 4 tires can stay in constant contact on the ground. If that answer isn't satisfactory then I can ask engineering on Monday, then get ready to read a book :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

My bad BK!!! Not sure how I screwed that up (well actually I do, I was replying to another thread awhile ago to a baker lol) It won't happen again! :biggrin:

twall

twall

I'm not the technical guy to ask :laughing:but it does do both. Simply saying it articulates in the middle would not tell you that it actually does flex/oscilate in the middle. It would only say that the two parts turn independently of each other on a horizontal plain. But you could still have an overall solid frame. Downside is that if your front left tire goes up on a curb, then your lifting off your back left tire from the ground. So your decreasing your traction and stability. The oscilating part allows it to flex in the middle or on a vertical plain so all 4 tires can stay in constant contact on the ground. If that answer isn't satisfactory then I can ask engineering on Monday, then get ready to read a book :biggrin:

:laughing: No, you'd need to ask advertising.....as why they just didn't say "pivots both laterally and Horizontally"..........

But, I don't need a book.......like I said, I was takin a poke........cause this is the only action here tonight....:biggrin: Watch me fade away if/when the rest of the forum wakes up! laughing:

BKBrown

BKBrown

gauge position.jpg

This shows where the gauge was on the tool box lid ! :biggrin:
I held the tractor in position with the foot control while I took the pictures.

Ventrac

Ventrac

:laughing: No, you'd need to ask advertising.....as why they just didn't say "pivots both laterally and Horizontally"..........

But, I don't need a book.......like I said, I was takin a poke........cause this is the only action here tonight....:biggrin: Watch me fade away if/when the rest of the forum wakes up! laughing:

Really? Pivots both laterally and Horizontally in marketing? Haha we both know that sounds odd. :laughing: The pokes are what keep us on our toes :thumbsup: But now you got me curious, I don't think it is an advertising thing versus something that has just been used since the 70's for our designs. Now I have to ask on Monday :smile:

twall

twall

View attachment 1860

Regardless, you lived...:smile:

So, all the "you could've_____" can be left to the lawyers....so they can make new stickers you HAVE to place on the machine...:wink:

BKBrown

BKBrown

No problem, I make mistakes too ! :rolleyes:

My bad BK!!! Not sure how I screwed that up (well actually I do, I was replying to another thread awhile ago to a baker lol) It won't happen again! :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

View attachment 1860

Nice rigging. Why not just put the parking brake on :biggrin:

BKBrown

BKBrown

The parking brake only locks the front axle - the foot control holds both front and rear with hydro pressure.

Nice rigging. Why not just put the parking brake on :biggrin:

twall

twall

Really? Pivots both laterally and Horizontally in marketing? Haha we both know that sounds odd. :laughing: The pokes are what keep us on our toes :thumbsup: But now you got me curious, I don't think it is an advertising thing versus something that has just been used since the 70's for our designs. Now I have to ask on Monday :smile:

Doesn't sound too odd - seeing you put 'articulating' and 'oscillating' right next to each other.....:tongue:

Maybe 'vertical pivot'....what the heck do you call it then? If oscillating is just 'variable' (and, in LENGTH, when referring to radio waves), and a 'pivot' is only lateral/horizontal, what would be Snapper's pivot? It doesn't oscillate...it pivots, but in relation to the front end/back end. I think that's what you're trying to describe.

But, in a plain old tractor, an axle that moves like that is not oscillating, it is a pivoting axle. And, a 'center steer' tractor that pivots like a worm (only laterally) is articulating...but the very definition of 'articulate' includes the word 'pivot'.......Hmmmmmm :confused2:

I have to have you baffled, because I'm confusing myself.....:laughing:

Ventrac

Ventrac

The parking brake only locks the front axle - the foot control holds both front and rear with hydro pressure.

True, you have 16sq. in. of braking power per tire, so it is very good, but it would be pulling the turf more as it is the front two locking versus all four.

Also a thought on the oscillating part it still makes sense to me.
Oscillate: to swing or move to and fro, as a pendulum does.
If you would pull the tractor up with a crane by the hitch in the back and held it vertically, the bottom half would be able to swing or move to and fro like a pendulum :biggrin: Just takes a little thinking outside of the box lol

twall

twall

True, you have 16sq. in. of braking power per tire, so it is very good, but it would be pulling the turf more as it is the front two locking versus all four.

Also a thought on the oscillating part it still makes sense to me.
Oscillate: to swing or move to and fro, as a pendulum does.
If you would pull the tractor up with a crane by the hitch in the back and held it vertically, the bottom half would be able to swing or move to and fro like a pendulum :biggrin: Just takes a little thinking outside of the box lol

Or would it SWIVEL? If held at an angle, and a circular motion applied.......how would it move then? :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

Or would it SWIVEL? If held at an angle, and a circular motion applied....... :biggrin:

I guess it seems it is all how you look at it. All I know is I have heard it in the industry, especially in the european market quite a bit, even canadian market. The european industry is where articulating tractors are most common. I am pretty sure Stiga and Husqvarna have a unit in europe that articulates and 'oscilates'.

twall

twall

I guess it seems it is all how you look at it. All I know is I have heard it in the industry, especially in the european market quite a bit, even canadian market. The european industry is where articulating tractors are most common. I am pretty sure Stiga and Husqvarna have a unit in europe that articulates and 'oscilates'.

So it's to add some 'euro flare'? Again, I say advertising dept...:laughing:

Ventrac

Ventrac

So it's to add some 'euro flare'? Again, I say advertising dept...:laughing:

We shall see once I ask engineering, I think your giving too much credit to our marketing :laughing:

twall

twall

We shall see once I ask engineering, I think your giving too much credit to our marketing :laughing:

True......maybe they went to engineering and got the words and said "HEY! THAT SOUNDS GOOOOD TOGETHER!"?

It does roll off the tongue rather nice......"articulating and oscillating frame". "Swivelling frame" although simpler, does sound a tad 'down home'.

twall

twall

FYI - I respect your brand. I have no need or income to get one, but they are an oddity that is in a class unto itself. Very cool indeed - in a Caterpillar kinda way! :thumbsup:

Ventrac

Ventrac

FYI - I respect your brand. I have no need or income to get one, but they are an oddity that is in a class unto itself. Very cool indeed - in a Caterpillar kinda way! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the great dialogue and complement twall, we do strive to make a top quality product!

BKBrown

BKBrown

I hope it was clear to everyone that I am careful and keep the tractor off from side slopes that are above 25 degrees or so :thumbsup:. The Ventrac with Dual Wheels mounted is safe from tipping, but I still use the drive up and back down method for steep slopes. As you can see the slope on this dam is nearly 40 degrees and unless it is wet, the Ventrac will handle it safely. Most of the slope is under 30 degrees and backing down each pass keeps me from being at over 30 degrees for any extended period of time. The drive up and back down also keeps my back on the seat backrest. I have the suspension seat witharm rests.

K

KennyV

I hope it was clear to everyone that I am careful and keep the tractor off from side slopes that are above 25 degrees or so :thumbsup:. [/COLOR]

I figured you were a bit safety conscious... It's had to acquire any age and be reckless at the same time ...

Al thou your tractor could most likely do it, there is no good reason to test the absolute limits to things that can break... :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

BKBrown

Yep, I like to think I left my "Young and Stupid :eek:" behind a while ago! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
I figured you were a bit safety conscious... It's hard to acquire any age and be reckless at the same time ...

Al thou your tractor could most likely do it, there is no good reason to test the absolute limits to things that can break... :smile:KennyV

Ventrac

Ventrac

I figured you were a bit safety conscious... It's had to acquire any age and be reckless at the same time ...

Congrats on the 2,500 post club Kenny! :thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Congrats on the 2,500 post club Kenny! :thumbsup:

Hey... Thanks ... I didn't notice it toll it was gone ... and yesterday I was working on a big farm tractor most of the day & into the night... :smile:KennyV
PA... AND I still didn't notice it till just now, that there even was such a thing...

S

Slater

This wasn't really a surprise to me (or my neighbor for that matter :laughing:) but I had to pull my neighbor's toro ZTR out of a damp, yes damp, spot in the front of his yard THREE times yesterday. He has a small embankment in the front of his yard, I guess visualize it as a ditch. I went over and didn't even turf the yard when I pulled it out. You would think that after the first or even the second time that he would think twice before trying to mow it :laughing:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Had mine nearly 7 years now and still can't believe all the things it will do. I don't want to get OVER confident, but it is surprising how much traction this machine has with just 4 wheels - put the dual set on and it is AMAZING ! :thumbsup:

I was mowing last week in a spot so wet (at JRs) that it was making "fog" throwing up so much moisture from the grass - He said at times he couldn't see the tractor - just the cloud. Never even spun a wheel. :biggrin:

ruster1

ruster1

Well.. has been some time since i have posted on this site.. it is about time I started.. I recently picked up my 31HP diesel from the spring service.. and have been (as my neighbors say).. cutting the mud (2 straight weeks of HEAVY rain)..in western pa.. I have the duals.. and 72" deck for my steep hills.. and while my neighbors are cutting mud.. I was traacking right over top of the muddiest parts.. YES.. i was leaving mud tracks, but only from pushed down grass getting brown.. but not creating caverns or gorges.. from which the grass will never recover.. the 10" of grass was also cut with ease.. even did 2 passes to ease the burden on the grass.. amazing machine for my use.. even have my neighbors with the GREEN MACHINES leaning on the end of a shovel talking about my ride and cut quality.. they have never seen anything like this before.. nothing but a good experience for me.. I did forget to re-adjust the wieght transfer when going from 60' plow to my 72" deck.. which did plow the front end a bit in turns.. but after realizing what i forgot to do.. and pull 5 chains out to get most of the deck weight back on the tractor.. problem solved.. love this equipment.. I may demo the brush cutter this year.. ! ! !

S

Slater

Great to hear! I have been fairly absent as well due to the grass growing like wild fire here in OH :confused2: Demo the tough cut because it is SWEET!!

A little about my weekend:
I was involved in a community cleanup project this week with C.O.O.L. (Community Outreach Of Love)
Almost 3k volunteers :thumbsup: which was AWESOME!!
My uncle and I each had a 4231TD Ventrac and were planning on doing mostly stump grinding all day. We also took the tough cut and a few slip scoops. After doing a few stumps and moving to another location, I ran across a landscape company that was volunteering for the day and they were mowing an empty lot that had about 2-3ft of grass and was raised up so it had about a 30-35degree slope the whole way around the lot. They had a push mower on top and 3 guys using weed eaters and one guy on a 4WD belly mount green and yellow tractor :biggrin: They had been working on it most of the morning and the other tractor could only get its front tires and deck onto the slope and the back tires would spin out and tear up the turf really bad. So I offered to mow it for them and the guy said "Well I can't even start up with my 4WD JD so I don't think you could do it." Well I kept my mouth shut and just said that I would get get my deck and be back and we could try it out. I came back while they were heading off to lunch and they said "Try and get whatever you can and we will weed eat the rest." I went up that hill without a problem, not spinning a single tire, and since I did not have duals I just went straight down, stopped at the bottom and backed up the hill rather than going sideways. I didn't see the guys faces when they returned, but there were a lot of people stopping on their way back to lunch and taking picture. It took me about 10 minutes to do it all (could have done the lot in 30 minutes while they had 5 total guys working about 3 hours and weren't finished yet. Talk about a time saver) then I went across the street and did the other lot that they could not do :laughing: That was one of the surprise moments that some of the people had that day:smile:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Just think what you could have done with the duals on ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
I prefer to drive up and back down - that way my back stays on the back of the seat.
My dealer has Ventrac send me a bundle of Brochures every time they have new ones. I give them to everyone who wants one (a few fit in the manual holder inside the tool box).

S

Slater

Just think what you could have done with the duals on ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
I prefer to drive up and back down - that way my back stays on the back of the seat.
My dealer has Ventrac send me a bundle of Brochures every time they have new ones. I give them to everyone who wants one (a few fit in the manual holder inside the tool box).

I always drive down then back up because that always seems to impress people more, the ability to be able to stop in the middle of a hill and back straight out. :thumbsup: I will need to get some brochures from my dealer to start handing out, can't be outdone by BK! :laughing: