surprise deck cleaner

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
After several weeks of blowing dry fir needles to the side of the road and bagging dry leaves I looked under the deck, expecting to scrape and clean... surprise! The underside looked like it had been bead blasted. Never noticed before. Is this the action of the sharp pointed needles and crushed leaf stems ? Anyway , very welcome. We know that sand blasters use walnut shells for mild surface prep...HMMM? Maybe I should bag and ship worldwide?

possum

Threads
Mulching dry Bermuda grass will shine them up. Mulching any kind of dry leaves shines them up. Mowing or mulching Honey Locust pods will clean grass, paint and all out of them if you do much. Those stems from both Locust and Walnut trees that fall after the leaves do will not only clean and shine but one can hear the friction under the deck over the engine. My decks get put away every season nice and clean. Sometimes shiny. After most all the leaves have been picked up. Right after Thanksgiving most times. No need to wash or scrape.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Possum, thanks, so I'm not dreaming. Wish i could get this in April/May when the deck really loads up with adobe muck.

Threads
I haven't looked under the deck in awhile.....hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised after mowing all these leaves! :licking:

Parkmower

Threads
This why I never need do a year end under deck cleaning. I have a lot of maple leaves that act like sand paper and scour my deck clean. Mother nature doing us a solid :)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Changed my blades today and the underside was nice and clean. I thought nothing of it till I saw this thread oak leaves and pine needles and lots of pine cones. Oh and one ax head took a nice chunk out of a blade.