Blades Straightening bent blade

chobbs1957

Threads
I hit a hard piece of pine root this morning and bent one end of one of my two blades. It now cuts uneven. I got it better by putting in vice, but still a little off.

Should I keep trying to get even or replace? Should I replace both blades rather than just one, keeping everything even and in balance?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
I hit a hard piece of pine root this morning and bent one end of one of my two blades. It now cuts uneven. I got it better by putting in vice, but still a little off.

Should I keep trying to get even or replace? Should I replace both blades rather than just one, keeping everything even and in balance?

I would just get a new blade. I wouldn't waste the time trying to fix it personally. I hit a rock the other day with my Honda and though it didn't bend the blade, it did chip it, so I had to replace it.

Old blade: old.jpg

New blade: new.jpg

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would sharpen the chip. The grass would not notice it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I would definitely replace the set of blades not just the one, you'll never get that blade to cut right no matter how much you work on it and it could possibly cause a balance issue.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A bent blade will cause balance issues and if not replaced you will be replacing the oil seal in the near future. Replace the set.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I would buy a new set but keep the one good blade as a spare for the next time you hit that same root

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Blades are cheap... stop being frugal

chobbs1957

Threads
I would buy a new set but keep the one good blade as a spare for the next time you hit that same root

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

I pulled it up, pretty loose after that bump from my 23 HP Kohler. I think I used to raise the blade when I went thru that spot, but forgot....