STIHL Ultra Oil in ECHO,s

Snapperfreak

Threads
I'll have to look into that motomix. High octane and a 2 year shelf life would be awesome.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll have to look into that motomix. High octane and a 2 year shelf life would be awesome.

Why would anyone use that premix stuff at $8.00 a qt. is beyond me. You can buy the Stihl HP Ultra and Premium 92/93 octane gas without ethanol and mix your own for less than half that cost and it's the same thing.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why would anyone use that premix stuff at $8.00 a qt. is beyond me. You can buy the Stihl HP Ultra and Premium 92/93 octane gas without ethanol and mix your own for less than half that cost and it's the same thing.

For home owners it's easy

Snapperfreak

Threads
I'll admit it's lazy, and after seeing the price I think I'll pass. I'm happy with my amsoil saber, just wish non-ethanol fuel was available here. I suppose racing fuel still has ethanol in it??

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll admit it's lazy, and after seeing the price I think I'll pass. I'm happy with my amsoil saber, just wish non-ethanol fuel was available here. I suppose racing fuel still has ethanol in it??

No ethanol in racing fuel.
But still only has a shelf life of only a couple weeks.

Mystik2stroke

Threads
Stihl ultra oil is an ash-less ester base oil, as is the Echo RedArmor. Both are great oils, and you can use either in any 2 cycle engine period, snowthrower, trimmer, outboard motor, pwc, saws, etc...

Echo redarmor/stihl ultra have a PEA detergent that actually removes carbon from older used engines and helps restore lost performance, also the base oil has some cleaning functions.

Both are very similar to this oil:
(developed for military)
Outboard Lubricants | Quicksilver Products

scoll down to "Rejuvinate" section

Snapperfreak

Threads
image-4266922178.jpg

Ok I'm using this stuff from now on. Yes it's pricy and you're all probably typing away about how it's a waste of money but I only go thru maybe 2 gallons of gas and a gallon of mix per season. Engineered 92-octane, full synthetic oil in mix, ethanol-free. Comes in 40:1 too. $6 for mix $23 for gas. 5 year shelf life unopened and 2 year after opened. Doesn't even smell like fuel from the pump.