STIHL Ultra Oil in ECHO,s

Snapper101

Threads
Snapper101- Yep, good to know these things. Thanks for posting the rating chart !!

I have a 5 pack left of Echo Power Blend, when I use a bottle to make 1 gallon, I also add 1 oz of Seafoam* which is a great cleaner & stabilizer.

When I run out of the Power Blend, I'm gonna switch to the Red Armor..

6 pack of Echo Power-Blend is $8.99

6 pack of Red Armor is $ 10.99

but a 6 pack of Stihl HP Ultra is $23. (lowest cost I could find anyhow)..

Gee Wiz,, I thought I was the only one that used Seafoam in a 2 stroke. I,ve always added to a motor when it,s been sitting around for a while. As far as Red Armor goes I broke my new blower in on Red Armor. It,s only a couple bucks more than the Power Blend and a whole lot cheaper than the Ultra.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper101- Yep, good to know these things. Thanks for posting the rating chart !!

I have a 5 pack left of Echo Power Blend, when I use a bottle to make 1 gallon, I also add 1 oz of Seafoam* which is a great cleaner & stabilizer.

When I run out of the Power Blend, I'm gonna switch to the Red Armor..

6 pack of Echo Power-Blend is $8.99

6 pack of Red Armor is $ 10.99

but a 6 pack of Stihl HP Ultra is $23. (lowest cost I could find anyhow)..

Gee Wiz,, I thought I was the only one that used Seafoam in a 2 stroke. I,ve always added to a motor when it,s been sitting around for a while. As far as Red Armor goes I broke my new blower in on Red Armor. It,s only a couple bucks more than the Power Blend and a whole lot cheaper than the Ultra.

Actually your Red Amor oil you are buying is costing you more to use than the Stihl oil. As far as using Seafoam and other additives in 2 stroke oil, I think that's a waste of money because most all the 2 stoke oil already has all the additives in that are needed.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

Take a shot glass of petrol and a shot glass of seafoam light them on fire. Now see why you shouldn't add seafoam to your petrol

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually your Red Amor oil you are buying is costing you more to use than the Stihl oil. As far as using Seafoam and other additives in 2 stroke oil, I think that's a waste of money because most all the 2 stoke oil already has all the additives in that are needed.

How is that even possible at the prices I posted ?

As to the use of Seafoam*, well everyone has their own way.. My 2 strokes use maybe 1.5 gal of gas a year, in total..

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How is that even possible at the prices I posted ?

As to the use of Seafoam*, well everyone has their own way.. My 2 strokes use maybe 1.5 gal of gas a year, in total..

It is possible but it's not practical for you with the amount of oil your using. It's basically costing you $2.00 a gallon for your Red Armor. It cost me like $1.25 a gallon using the Stihl Ultra. Buy 2 stroke oil by the six pack is the most expensive way you can buy oil. Buying it buy the Gallon cuts the cost almost in half.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good point, but being a 6 pack lasts me almost 4 yrs (on average), I'll continue wasting money...:laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good point, but being a 6 pack lasts me almost 4 yrs (on average), I'll continue wasting money...:laughing:

Yeah, everyone has a practical way of buying oil for there needs. It's practical for me to buy the stuff by the Gallon. I'll go through about 3 gallons of the Stihl oil in a season so buying by the gallon saves me a lot of money. I guess it all depends on how much equipment a person runs.

Lawn Addict
Threads
3 gals a season !!! Yeoww !!! I can understand the BIG savings you get now. Very Logical..

I'm using my trimmer even less now with the Z, since I can get into a lot of areas much closer than my previous GT. But I use my blower more cleaning up the new Z.. :laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
3 gals a season !!! Yeoww !!! I can understand the BIG savings you get now. Very Logical..

I'm using my trimmer even less now with the Z, since I can get into a lot of areas much closer than my previous GT. But I use my blower more cleaning up the new Z.. :laughing:

Yeah you figure 3 gallons of oil equal 150 gallons of gas and that's just for the two stroke stuff. When start my week in season I go to the Gas station I fill 7 two and a half gallon cans for my mix and 3 five gallon cans for the mowers, plus mowers and I have a small business. Buying in bulk can save you a lot of money.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

That's pretty typical per mow crew. I used 2.75 gallons this year and 2 gallons last year and I'm only one now truck. My old company would buy a case of 1 qt bottles every other month and that was for 3 now trucks 2 prune/landscape trucks 1 arsonist 1 spray truck 1 sprinkler truck