Stihl FS 80 Trimmer Head Swap

Band-aid Kid

Threads
Hello all.
I have a FS 80 Trimmer that need a new trimmer head. I had seen some old Echo heads that you inserted the ends of the string into the holes and then you turned the bottom? of the head and it drew the string in. When it was all drawn in you had a piece from 1 hole to the other that you cut that left you with 2 pieces out ready to go.
I have no clue which Echo unit it was and/or if it would even fit onto the end of the Stihl.
Does Stihl make a head like that?
Little help here, please.

Thanks.
Bobby

ps. maybe this should have been in the Echo arena.

m&p45

Threads
I'm pretty sure I seen a stihl YouTube video not to long ago of a that style head I'm sure they have it at your stihl dealer. I have that style on my echo trimmer it's pretty nice. If I can find the video ill post a link for you.

Band-aid Kid

Threads
That is it. Thanks. I'll have to hit the dealer next.
Talk about quick help.Gonna have to share y'all on face book again.:thumbsup:

m&p45

Threads
No worries glad I could help. The one I have on my echo you just feed the line through and turn the head no cutting required its the cats behind.

Band-aid Kid

Threads
Would the one from Echo fit the Stihl? Reading the reviews on the Stihl unit, they don't look real promising.
Found a new dealer here in town. Less than 2 miles away. Good Times. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Bobby

m&p45

Threads
I'm not sure might be worth looking into they sell them at Home Depot for $30 they're called speed-feed

Band-aid Kid

Threads
Speed feed. Sounds like it might be the way to go. Home Depot is on the way, might as well stop there first.
I can't believe I hadn't seen these before. My Troy-Bilts always gave me a 10 minute break when I changed them. This should be so much quicker. :smile:

Thanks again,
Bobby

Threads

Band-aid Kid

Threads
The ones from HD looked pretty cheap. Went to Dealer and got one for 32 dollars. We'll see how long this one lasts.
Thanks for your time and trouble.:thumbsup:

Bobby