Stihl backpack blower not starting

xjpelham

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I will certainly use the file. I've learned more in the past two weeks chasing this problem around than I have in the 17 years of owning this blower.

All very helpful comments in this forum.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks. I will certainly use the file. I've learned more in the past two weeks chasing this problem around than I have in the 17 years of owning this blower.

All very helpful comments in this forum.
Like why we charge so much to repair problems. I guess it because of how we must disassembly things to get to problems. I had customers to watch me at times; unless, another tech and they wonder how can I be so fast at it and remember where everything goes. I had few customer to say oh they just re-assemble their equipment after the parts came in since was taking me longer than they like as I had others ahead of them to only realize they were way over their heads and let me complete the work. Nothing like handing the customer their handheld in a box disassembled.

On this blower the flywheel is in the fan box but the new version Stihl changed to a dog bone flywheel on the recoil side. Way easier to check and replace. But that is a complete different engine design.

Like anything it take time and lots patience. This hot weather is causing me to lose some my mine lately. I was about to end mine yesterday on removing two king pins on a TB Horse tiller. It took 3 hrs to get them out as other things had to remove before I could the torch to where I needed to heat. And it still nearly 30 min per pin. I was lucky that my pin driver made it through the last pin before it failed. Now I got buy a new set of pin driver since I can only them in a set. Boy 40 yrs of rust is a pain.

xjpelham

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just want to close out this thread. The blower is running perfectly again. Better than new in fact. Starts on the first pull. I filed the burrs off the edge of the key slot and the new woodruff key fit with no issues.

Thanks to everyone for your expert advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the feed back
Always good to close a thread properly
Even better when it is a success