Stens going to a credit card only payment system.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Stens going to a credit card only payment system.
Boy that is something very rare, A congressman that actually tries to work. most of them seems to be waiting to the last minute to do anything.

Anyway my problem with the CC is not the card itself but the new owners of the CU. Previously everything worked very well. Now the new group just keep changing the ground rules every few months. It had cause a lot of problems with delayed card payments which had me holding orders up to two weeks because they didn't process the payment even though they the payment in hand. Now they are probably wonder where that nearly $4K in charges have gone. This last month balance was only $85.

Recently they want the password to my local CU account. I don't think so.
The problem is he works for himself and if you disagree with him you get the explicit treatment. This guy has on more than one occasion sent letters to his constituents saying your opinion doesn't matter.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My question is; will you be billed at time of purchase or when the order is sent out? Back orders could cost a lot of $$$, if billed at time of purchase.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good Questions Rivets. The email says at time of purchase but backorders could be tricky. Unless they will no longer allow backorders.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just received some backordered spindle nuts from stens delivered by FedEx (???) and they were charged the day they shipped. They were on BO for couple months. No extra shipping fee added.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To note it is known that Stens has switched to FedEx as the shipper. From what I can find they are getting a better rate than they did from UPS.

Personally I have yet to received any notice from Stens on this new policy but I do currently have several items on back order too and do expect to be billed when they ship. One order is a replacement order for incorrect parts sent.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I NEVER use my debit card for anything but house bills.

Otherwise yer bank account & your monies are on the hook.....Only Credit cards that have no fault policies, Like Discover.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I NEVER use my debit card for anything but house bills.

Otherwise yer bank account & your monies are on the hook.....Only Credit cards that have no fault policies, Like Discover.
You can easily reason that Stens will adjust prices accordingly to the approximate 3% bump to cover credit card processing. I see the points made on why to use a credit card vs debit card for security, however I do not own or use any credit cards by personal choice.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is the same about my choice not to have a Debit or ATM card. It is a personal choice. Sorta like not having a cell phone due lack of coverage in my area. Why pay for something I can't use. What worst some government agencies demand you to give them a cell phone number. I use BR-549 in those cases and then they call the home phone and complain that the cell number is no good. I wonder why....Hee Haw.

And you have to have either a checking account, debit card, or credit card to business with some companies like Gray Bar (Nick named "The Gay Bar") here that won't accept cash. Same thing with Grainger. They don't don't even have a local bank account according the salesman. So I reckon US Federal Reverse Notes are no longer good.

In today's world you have to have either a Debit or Credit card to do business with some companies.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see the points made on why to use a credit card vs debit card for security, however I do not own or use any credit cards by personal choice.
I like the cash back rewards, end of year, there 's a few beans sitting there..

old yooper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Stens may be a good place to find parts, but they are not the only place.