Stens going to a credit card only payment system.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Stens going to a credit card only payment system.
Stens may be a good place to find parts, but they are not the only place.
That is something many big vendors don't seem to care about.

Basically most are just a poppy seed on a dish to them, easily replaced. I got one vendor right now that their people will not even reply to my emails asking for or quotes. So I just placed the orders with another that did.

Gardner installed a new online system and it is a mess, can't even login and the sales rep of no help. I wait until the new year to see if they get their fat rumps and do something. So far it done cost them nearly $2000 in the last week on my part but the other was more than happy to get the orders.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stens may be a good place to find parts, but they are not the only place.
That is true. For the guy running a small one man shop stens is convenient because you get flat rate no surprise shipping. You can setup a tax free account. You get a hard copy catalog as well as on-line and Fast shipping. I have looked into other vendors but I am too small for them to bother with.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
another concern would be, are other vendors going to go a credit card only system also How many vendors would it take before we would be maxing out our credit cards every month and would have to budget customers because we can't order repair parts when needed.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Just got a notification from Stens that they are going to a credit card only payment system starting December 11, 2023. so no more open account paid at the end of the month. Parts orders will be billed to your credit card at the time of purchase.
I do a lot of biz with them and immediately wrote my complaint and warning that I will be looking to source changes. I have been with Stens, Arrowhead, J&N, for a long time. Since
AH bought the others out, the changes have been ok till now. Hell, I was buying from Ariens before they sold out to Stens. This long time solid source making this change is very concerning and will effect us and them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
another concern would be, are other vendors going to go a credit card only system also How many vendors would it take before we would be maxing out our credit cards every month and would have to budget customers because we can't order repair parts when needed.
That was what was happening lately here until I switched my Amazon and PayPal over. The main is I am limited to $2000 max on the CC and the current CU is slow as Christmas applying payments. Taking up to two weeks and I was maxing out in one to two every month.

Now several of vendors are now on ACH payments so that eliminates the CC use issues. Just got make the local CU account has enough funds to make these ACH transfers.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I do a lot of biz with them and immediately wrote my complaint and warning that I will be looking to source changes. I have been with Stens, Arrowhead, J&N, for a long time. Since
AH bought the others out, the changes have been ok till now. Hell, I was buying from Ariens before they sold out to Stens. This long time solid source making this change is very concerning and will effect us and them.
I have been with them for 25 years. At one point they were my primary parts supplier until I got more into the OEM side of things and orders were slow for a while. But since Oregon has basically dumped 1/4 of their catalog the last 3-4 years, been ordering more Stens to make up the difference.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And we got to remember trying to get a big companies to listen is like getting to something by Congress done in a timely way. It is impossible at most times.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
yep.