starter relay question

cambre

Threads
If you add in Kohler spark advance then that now includes additional hot wires to the SAM module as well as the ignition modules themselves.

Thanks for your patience. Kohler engine is a 26hp Courage, spec #SV735-0018. It has two ignition modules on the side of the flywheel with no air gap. On the other type mag some people used a credit card to space it with. These modules have no adjustments. They sit next to the flywheel and can't be moved. I know I sound pretty ignorant on this electrical stuff but This is about the best explaining I can do. Please don't give up on me. Thanks again.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for your patience. Kohler engine is a 26hp Courage, spec #SV735-0018. It has two ignition modules on the side of the flywheel with no air gap. On the other type mag some people used a credit card to space it with. These modules have no adjustments. They sit next to the flywheel and can't be moved. I know I sound pretty ignorant on this electrical stuff but This is about the best explaining I can do. Please don't give up on me. Thanks again.

That engine come both ways with or without DSAM ( Digital Spark Advance Module) How many small wires go to the coil one or two? If only one wire it doesn't have DSAM. Yes the air gap has to be set in that engine at .012 with a feel gage not a business card.

cambre

Threads
That engine come both ways with or without DSAM ( Digital Spark Advance Module) How many small wires go to the coil one or two? If only one wire it doesn't have DSAM. Yes the air gap has to be set in that engine at .012 with a feel gage not a business card.

Thanks for answering reynoldston. I have set many coils with a feeler gauge. This engine has two coils with no settings. They can't be moved. I used the credit card for example to say I did not have that kind of coil. When you said DSAM with two wires that made me do some more checking. It has at least 3 wires going to each coil so it must be a DSAI set up. What do you think? If it is a DSAI is the kill wire still the smallest wire?