Squeaky something.

mdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Agreed, just thought this one might have been a similar issue with other Huskvarna owners and I'd have something to try myself before spending money on labor and possibly parts.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Idler pulley on the drive belt.

You can not drive it down the road or in the yard without the pulleys turning.

Does not make noise for the first few mins. Then it gets hot and makes a noise to tell you hey I need some maintenance.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just grease everything that moves... it will prolong the life anyway and have the side effect of fixing the squeak.

Wheels - bearings, axles
Drive - pulleys, check transmission
Deck - anti skid wheels, pulleys, spindles
Seat - springs and hinge
Stearing - wheel, rod, control arms
Engine - engine oil, starter etc.
Hood - bouncing, hinge
Belts - not to tight, not to loose

Like I said anything that moves creates friction a little grease (my favorite is the white lithium grease spray) makes friction not wear parts I'm sure you will find it if you listen careful

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
IMO spraying your mower down with water hurts it more than it helps it. I use my blower and blow the grass off.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

I agree here! If it is an idler pulley, it would be on the drive/trans system. Washing the mower deck causes nothing but trouble.

b757200

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a new 48" Husqvarna and it squeaks with every front wheel rotation. Will look for a grease fitting, if not, will return it. The grass was wet. Mower has 8 hrs of use. Never happened with my old cub cadet.
Just grease everything that moves... it will prolong the life anyway and have the side effect of fixing the squeak.

Wheels - bearings, axles
Drive - pulleys, check transmission
Deck - anti skid wheels, pulleys, spindles
Seat - springs and hinge
Stearing - wheel, rod, control arms
Engine - engine oil, starter etc.
Hood - bouncing, hinge
Belts - not to tight, not to loose

Like I said anything that moves creates friction a little grease (my favorite is the white lithium grease spray) makes friction not wear parts I'm sure you will find it if you listen careful

kandance

Forum Newbie
Threads
My push mower, which I push literally to mow my grass. That means no gas. I keep it in my shed, most every time I take it out to use it it squeaks when pushing on grass or cement. Must I grease or oil the mechinisums every time I mow my lawn?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spray white lithium grease is your friend. Spray all moving parts except the blades they selves.

Saanchips

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna z554 zero turn mower. I have been hearing a squeaking loud noise from the front end of mover every time I cut the grass or driving to my friends house do the road. I can't pin point where the sound is coming from. But I know it's coming from the front end possibly the wheels. I have checked the belts the look good. I have greased the spindles and wheels. And yet after I grease the wheels the same loud noise still happens. Can anyone help me out. The mower only has 65 hours on it.
Saanchips