Squeaky something.

mdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Huskvarna YTH22V42 ...just a year old this week with 42 hours on it. There is a squeak that I can't figure out. It squeaks without the blades engaged , the faster I go, the faster it squeaks , and vise versa. It will squeak with the blades engaged also. Sometimes it stops, but mostly it's squeaking. It might take 10 mins after I start mowing or driving that it starts. Sounds like it's in the wheels maybe, or the axle but I can't tell....is there a way to grease them or something? Anyone else had this problem.
I hose off the grass off the top of the deck every time I mow....could I be doing something to it by putting all that water on the belts and pulleys? I don't think it's a pulley because it squeaks without the blades going. Anyone? Thanks.
Mark

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sound like the mower deck wheels. Oil the axles where the wheels are mounted on them inside and out. I just use motor oil out of a oil squirt can.

mdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
The deck wheels never touch the ground. I mow on the highest or second highest. I also have to drive a couple streets over to mow another lawn and the deck is always raised so the deck wheels never touch.....seems that's when the squeak is the worse , just driving down the street.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a idler pulley. Take the deck off and look at the drive belt pulleys. Take the belt off and spin each idler pulley. Do not spray it with WD40 or pb blaster. Best thing to use is some grease. I take the pulley off to get grease on the shaft it sits on.

My cub does this every time I mow wet grass.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
IMO spraying your mower down with water hurts it more than it helps it. I use my blower and blow the grass off.

mdl

Forum Newbie
Threads
It squeaks driving down the road with no pulleys turning.

possum

Threads
Sounds like the front wheels are dry. If they have zerks grease them. If no zerks pull the front wheels and grease the spindles and bushings.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It squeaks driving down the road with no pulleys turning.

Ok how does it drive down the road with no pulleys turning? This is a trick I need to know

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
How can anybody know where your noise is coming from, but just a guess. I would maybe suggest that you have someone drive the mower and someone listen for the noise. Just maybe from here you can get a idea as to where the noise is coming from, front, back, mower deck, steering, chassis, engine,??? It just seem like a guessing game so far.