spindle nuts

mark abby

Threads
VICTORY...got them all off. Thanks for all the help, guys.
i did order new ones...damn things aren't cheap. They must use gold when forging them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
At least the Oregon 04-015 are under $2 compared to the MTD 712-0417A $5.15. You could had been dealing with the JD M123569 that are around $7 ea and there is currently no after market for them. Just had to buy 6 of them here to replace the faulty ones on the Stens spindles that I brought for a customer.

mark abby

Threads
At least the Oregon 04-015 are under $2 compared to the MTD 712-0417A $5.15. You could had been dealing with the JD M123569 that are around $7 ea and there is currently no after market for them. Just had to buy 6 of them here to replace the faulty ones on the Stens spindles that I brought for a customer.

i found less expensive ones, but, by the time they charged for shipping, they got fairly expensive. In fact, someone on amazon was charging $15 for one...LOL I went to the CC web site instead and ordered from them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ever heard of supporting your local shops? IF you were local to me and came in it I would have sold you the Oregon nuts at $1.95ea inc tax. The only time I sell the more expensive nuts is when the customer insists on OEM parts.

I only have 13 of in stock currently

mark abby

Threads
Ever heard of supporting your local shops? IF you were local to me and came in it I would have sold you the Oregon nuts at $1.95ea inc tax. The only time I sell the more expensive nuts is when the customer insists on OEM parts.

I only have 13 of in stock currently
usually, i do go the the shop where i bought it from, but i'm not driving 40 miles to get a couple nuts when i can have them sent to my house. My truck is a Hemi, and it uses quite a bit of gas, so, shopping on line for them was cheaper than driving that distance. Besides, if i walk into the shop, i'd spend more money on other stuff.

DWSarow

Threads
There is a torque value ,but it sounds like maybe that wasn't followed. I believe you'll have to carefully split the nut and then clean the threads.Be careful on reinstalling, torque wrench so you get an idea how tight is correct. Most guys,way overtighten these,you don't need to do this.Sounds like what your facing

boatmoter

Threads
2016 CC proz100s EFI 60" deck

i'm trying to remove the spindle nuts. I put a 4 foot breaker bar on the nuts, and locked the blade in place with a piece of wood. I practically jumped on the bar and i can't seem to get those bottom nuts loose! i sprayed them with penetrating oil, let them soak, but they won't give. I can;t use heat because of the oil seal on the spindles.
The manuals all say they are right hand threads.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I really need to change these blades.
repeat what you did with the breaker bar,only go the other way with it,then reverse it again and try, also a strong impact wrench would probably work