SOLVED: NOT INTERESTED IN WARRANTY ADVISE-27hp 49T877 V-twin rod bearing oil

GrumpyCat

Threads
  • / SOLVED: NOT INTERESTED IN WARRANTY ADVISE-27hp 49T877 V-twin rod bearing oil
If one hole is missing then what about the passages from that hole to the rod bearings' holes?

I think one should be talking to Kawasaki about a new engine in exchange for deleting this thread.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / SOLVED: NOT INTERESTED IN WARRANTY ADVISE-27hp 49T877 V-twin rod bearing oil
If it is supposed to be crossdrilled and it is not them that is a maunfacturing defect and is warranty no matter how old the engine is.
The factory can not honour it because there is no way, you the customer could have done a Penn & Teller and made the oil holes vanish
I am assuming that you have put an air ile / oil can to the holes & verified that they are blind .
In this case take it back
However you need to check the specification of your engine
There is "pressure fed crank" and "full pressure lubrication" they are not the same thing

Threads
Hey guys,, Just to clarify, I bought this in an auction parts lot with other motors. It was already knocking way before I got it
I'm not the consumer.
I assume they already got a warranty exchange and I'm not looking for any compensation from anyone.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that is a totally different story
In that case , if the crank is otherwise in good shape, take it to a jobbing engineering workshop & get them to drill the cross drilling
Water jet drilling would be the preferred method considering it is a crankshaft and the hole is at an acute angle to the ground bush area .
Or just replace the crank with a new one

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the part is no longer made, go for it. Nothing to lose.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is supposed to be crossdrilled and it is not them that is a maunfacturing defect and is warranty no matter how old the engine is.
The factory can not honour it because there is no way, you the customer could have done a Penn & Teller and made the oil holes vanish
I am assuming that you have put an air ile / oil can to the holes & verified that they are blind .
In this case take it back
However you need to check the specification of your engine
There is "pressure fed crank" and "full pressure lubrication" they are not the same thing
1686997666242.png

sessman55

Threads
No. Drilling the crank is definitely NOT the correct course of action. Contacting the B & S rep is the way to go. Allowing B & S to trace the issue back to its source will address the issue properly. And, you’ll get a new engine for your efforts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No. Drilling the crank is definitely NOT the correct course of action. Contacting the B & S rep is the way to go. Allowing B & S to trace the issue back to its source will address the issue properly. And, you’ll get a new engine for your efforts.
If you go back & read the whole post you will note this was purchased in job lot of broken mowers at auction
So the inference would be that a warranty claim had already been made on it and what was supposed to go for scrap metal managed to end up at auction .
These have become very poplar down here as importers have no repair facility so they recoup some of the warranty losses by selling the returned goods by the pallet load as "defective returns " if the auction house is honest or "untested " if the auction house is less than honest .
some of the electronics geeks make a fortune repairing defective TV's many of which have nothing more wrong than a loose card or a badly soldered joint
A friend got a whole pallet load that had nothing more wrong than blown fuses which are now inside where the owner can not access them

RevB

Threads
At this point, if it's a newish engine, I'd push for a whole new engine. Screw you having to fix their mistake. Get on the phone and send them a video of the rotating crank.....

RevB

Threads
At this point, if it's a newish engine, I'd push for a whole new engine. Screw you having to fix their mistake. Get on the phone and send them a video of the rotating crank.....
If you are post 18 and that info was divulged in post 13.....kinda important to lay it all out in post 1.