Solenoid

butchwester

Forum Newbie
Threads
Solenoid mounting bolts won't release. It appears there may be a nut under the deck, which is basically inaccessible. Is there a nut under the deck? Is there a trick? They spin freely but will not rise. Help, Please.

butchwester

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forgot to mention it is a 2015 ZT Elite 60, with a Kohler 26 HP, 747 cc engine.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got any pictures of what you are working on?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Solenoid mounting bolts won't release. It appears there may be a nut under the deck, which is basically inaccessible. Is there a nut under the deck? Is there a trick? They spin freely but will not rise. Help, Please.

Solenoid bolts don't go through the deck. I'm guessing you mean the bottom of the frame.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What does a picture have to do with solenoid bolts? A lot. We are not standing next to you with a strong drink in hand, which you provided, nor do we have ESP. Your description doesn’t make sense, as PT pointed out, so a picture will help us help you. If this is to much work for you, there’s not much we can do but throw some guesses your way. The experiencEd tech on this site hate doing that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes according to IPL there are nuts the underside of the engine deck [frame]. They are 1/4"-20 flange nuts. Wrench/socket size 7/16"

lugbolt

Threads
yes there's nuts on the bottom. Dumb design. But in the assembly plant it makes sense. One guy holds the nut from the side (frame turned sideways) and the other guy installs the solenoid. LOL-seriously, that's how it was done last time I was through there.

I have long arms and I can reach underneath and get the nuts off with one hand while holding the bolt. USUALLY, I use a electric cordless impact which breaks the bolts loose from the top. Now just reach under and unscrew the nut.