Snow and cold.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
In Sydney we have 3 variations on Christmas day
1) stinking hot, high humidity , no breeze ( this year again )
2) hot overcast, no wind & drizzle all day so you get soaked from outside with no raincoat & soaked from the inside under a raincoat
3) torrential rain no wind up to 1"/hr
I guess that's what you get when you live in that "other" hemisphere. I just can't handle the image of Santa coming in on a surfboard wearing a speedo. LOL.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pipes split because the freezing water has no space to expand into.
The traps in toilets & sinks has free air space on both sides for the ice to expand into so the pipes do not split

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Update, if you don’t like the weather in Wisconsin wait a day and it will change. Last week I posted that we wouldn’t get above freezing until after the new year. Boy was I wrong. This morning they are now saying we will be over 40 F on Thursday with rain. There go the snow mobile trails and I’ll bet I get at least one call about seasonal mower repair. Another reason I love Wisconsin.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Am off work the last two weeks of the year and go back to work the 2nd. Glad to be off work for the weather as I have an hour drive to work but sure messed up my plans of going to NC to see my siblings. Grew up in a little place called Olin. I tell people when you come into the little community the sign says welcome to Olin and on the back side it says come again.

Lawn Addict
Threads
We are warming up it is 27* out now. But the other night it went down to 5*, so I dripped the pipes in kitchen sink as that is an exterior wall.
And now we are getting light snow flurries..

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now up hitting high 60's.. No complaints here.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
We warmed up real nice today as well. 9:30 PM and 57 degrees.

Lawn Addict
Threads
And 59* Friday night @ 11:19pm...