Export thread

Snow and cold.

H

hlw49

Here in north middle Tn we had a 50 degree drop in temp and 3 to 4 inches of snow over night. Temp right now is 2 degrees at 11:00 am. Which is suppose to be the high for the day. Burrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hate the cold and snow.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

What? Not enjoying the bomb cyclone?

H

hlw49

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Me neither. -3 degrees here and -35 wind chill.

H

hlw49

I think I heard some where the wind chill for today is going to be -23. And going to be in single digits until Monday.

R

Rivets

You guys are warm. Got up this morning to -14 F with a wind chill around -45F. Just got done blowing 6” of snow from my driveway and the widow’s next door. Temp now is 0 F, with wind chill around -25 F, might get to +3 if we are lucky, but not above freezing until New Years. You guys stay warm and have a Happy Holidays.

H

hlw49

You 2 and stay warm.

I

ILENGINE

You guys are warm. Got up this morning to -14 F with a wind chill around -45F. Just got done blowing 6” of snow from my driveway and the widow’s next door. Temp now is 0 F, with wind chill around -25 F, might get to +3 if we are lucky, but not above freezing until New Years. You guys stay warm and have a Happy Holidays.
I had -9 this morning with a wind chill close to yours. currently 2 with a high of 3 today and a current wind chill of -20

We are currently at 9* & feels like -12 I believe.. Supposed to start warming up to normal by Sunday..

H

hlw49

3 degree right now 8:52 pm will only get colder. May climb a few tomorrow but not much don't think it suppose to warm up much until after monday but by thursday suppose to be in the 60's. Boy I am thankful for global warming would hate to see what it would be like if not for that. LOL

B

bertsmobile1

Just got back from the growers markets with the chrissie cherries & avocados.
Happy to say it is a very pleasant 38 outside ,,,,Celcius

H

hlw49

So it is 100.4 degree fahrenheit. That would be too hot here too muggy high humidity.

B

bertsmobile1

Tomorrow is supposed to get hotter
Sort of weird
We are cooking and you lot are literally freezing
Hope you all manage to stay safe & stay warm
The 2 biggest killers are in fact heat & cold

R

RayMcD

It's all that Global Warming our BOZO Pres is shutting about. Merry Christmas, I hope folks can afford to heat their homes... Cheers, Ray

StarTech

StarTech

It's all that Global Warming our BOZO Pres is shutting about. Merry Christmas, I hope folks can afford to heat their homes... Cheers, Ray
Look there is a different between right now weather and the average overall climate. Yes we are freezing out nubs off right but when Summer gets we will be BBQing our rumps off. Still crazy weather events are caused by difference between hot and cold areas. I have seen temps where to be as low -10F in the early 80's so 1F isn't all that bad.

Just remember back in the Summer where I am at we hit 105+F with heat index of 115F.

And BTW the president has no more control over the weather than anyone else but some idiots thinks so. OF course the last one thought he God's appointed one too.

To all that wished for a White Christmas I hope you are enjoying freezing your tails off. Personally I rather something in the 30's or higher. Snow is pretty to look at but not to work in.

R

Rivets

I remember Christmas day 1980 we had -26 F plus wind. It’s burned into my memory because we had to travel to my parents 50 miles away with our 3 month old son. Heater worked overtime and everything turned out fine. Last summer we had 95 F with humidity of 70+, that ain’t no dry heat, for three days. I’ll take the cold, because I’ve learned how to live with it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Couldn't agree more !

B

bertsmobile1

In Sydney we have 3 variations on Christmas day
1) stinking hot, high humidity , no breeze ( this year again )
2) hot overcast, no wind & drizzle all day so you get soaked from outside with no raincoat & soaked from the inside under a raincoat
3) torrential rain no wind up to 1"/hr

S

SamB

We have 6 degrees and near 6" of powder snow here in the midwest USA. I have one snow blower and two snow throwers, but whether they'll start or not is a moot point ,because I am NOT getting OUT!

X

X580

4^F yesterday at dawn West of Hickory, NC is the coldest we’ve ever seen it since moving here in 2014 and for first time ever we had freezing of the pex water pipes entering one of our Rinnai water heater stations (which the original home owners builder plumber for some *sinine reason installed on the exterior brick veneer wall outside the insulated but, unheated garage! :rolleyes: )

I used warm (not hot) air from a blow dryer to get the water moving again and then stuffed custom cut size pieces of R19 insulation in and around the water hoses and fittings.

Very glad I’ve decided to simply shut water off at street main and open the yard hydrant at lake shore (and a good 30’ of elevation below the house) to completely and without question drain the entire house water system when we close the property and winter in FL moving forward; and,

i thought guys advising me to pour some biodegradable rv antifreeze into all toilet, sink and shower traps were taking things too far!

Attachments

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

In Sydney we have 3 variations on Christmas day
1) stinking hot, high humidity , no breeze ( this year again )
2) hot overcast, no wind & drizzle all day so you get soaked from outside with no raincoat & soaked from the inside under a raincoat
3) torrential rain no wind up to 1"/hr
I guess that's what you get when you live in that "other" hemisphere. I just can't handle the image of Santa coming in on a surfboard wearing a speedo. LOL.

B

bertsmobile1

Pipes split because the freezing water has no space to expand into.
The traps in toilets & sinks has free air space on both sides for the ice to expand into so the pipes do not split

R

Rivets

Update, if you don’t like the weather in Wisconsin wait a day and it will change. Last week I posted that we wouldn’t get above freezing until after the new year. Boy was I wrong. This morning they are now saying we will be over 40 F on Thursday with rain. There go the snow mobile trails and I’ll bet I get at least one call about seasonal mower repair. Another reason I love Wisconsin.

H

hlw49

Am off work the last two weeks of the year and go back to work the 2nd. Glad to be off work for the weather as I have an hour drive to work but sure messed up my plans of going to NC to see my siblings. Grew up in a little place called Olin. I tell people when you come into the little community the sign says welcome to Olin and on the back side it says come again.

We are warming up it is 27* out now. But the other night it went down to 5*, so I dripped the pipes in kitchen sink as that is an exterior wall.
And now we are getting light snow flurries..

Now up hitting high 60's.. No complaints here.

H

hlw49

We warmed up real nice today as well. 9:30 PM and 57 degrees.

We warmed up real nice today as well. 9:30 PM and 57 degrees.
Cool, I mean warm.. 56* now @ 10:47pm..

And 59* Friday night @ 11:19pm...