Snapper21500PC refurb

Snapperfreak

Threads
So I got this 1988 Snapper 21500PC a couple of months ago and spent those last two months tearing it apart, sandblasting it, replacing some parts and re-painting it. The po had painted over the original paint (YUK) but other than that it was in really nice shape so I decied to take on the project. In addition to the re-painting prtion of the project it has new wheels (7x1.5f/9x1.95r), new belts, new throttle, new rear guard and a new grass chute. After sandblasting and priming it I found some really good spray enamel at home depot. Rustoleum Regal Red and gloss white, both professional grade high performance paint (or so the can says). But the red I think is a PERFECT match to the vintage 1980s red. This thing always starts on the second pull, idles down great and runs perfect. This will definetly be the mower I use when I'm in the mood for a 4-cycle!

Attachments

• iphone 172.jpg
    iphone 172.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 62
  • iphone 170.jpg
    iphone 170.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 50
  • iphone 169.jpg
    iphone 169.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 49
  • iphone 171.jpg
    iphone 171.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 52

Tommyboyxd

Threads
Man, this is one awesome restore it looks brand new! Great work!

Do you have "work in progress" pictures?

afoulk

Threads
Looks great, and its a commercial series to boot:) your right, that red does look like a perfect match. What is different about the old commercial snapper mowers other than the handle braces and metal wheels?

cashman

Threads
That's Awesome! I think that's one of the best mowers Snapper ever made. I know at one time the commercials had an extra set of planetary gears in the differential. Not sure if that was the case in the later ones? They offered either the 5 hp Briggs or the V-50 Tecumseh during that time frame. I think they offered the Robin engine later on. I know of at least two of those mowers like that, that are still in commercial use today! Great job restoring it! Thanks!!!

Snapperfreak

Threads
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I didn't take as many in-progress pics as I should have but I'll go through and find some. The other cool thing about the commercials is the handlebars are a couple inches longer and they have a bigger bag. Yep I've always liked these but thy are rare around here.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks great Snapperfreak. Way to go. :thumbsup: I dig the brushed aluminum gas cap and air filter housing. If I ran into one here in the south I would SNAP it up also so to speak.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very good job. I have to say I am jealous.

IMO this is the best push mower ever made.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

afoulk

Threads
Very good job. I have to say I am jealous.

IMO this is the best push mower ever made.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

x2.. Only way I think it could get any better is maybe with one of the Wisconsin Robin 2 strokes. And maybe a PAC n sac added to it:thumbsup:

Snapperfreak

Threads
WOW, u guys made my day! I spent a lot of time over the summer working on this thing and it's a great feeling to hear such good feedback about it. Thank you all.

As for the in-progress pics...I'm lame. I didn't take nearly as much as I should have and the only ones I have are, well, lame. But here ya go. The one of the complete mower isfrom before the refurb. Looks ok but in person it was quite the cosmetic mess. I was really hoping to find one in nice original condition, it wasn't my intent to undertake such a project. But after having this thing torn all the way down and put back together it's a neat feeling to see it in its current condition. BUT.....I don't know if I can actually bring myself to use it. I want it to stay this pristine. It would be AWESOME if i could find a new old-stock white commercial bag for it. I would never use that, it came with a good bag, but it would be a neat addition.

Snapperfreak

Threads
OOPS! I forgot to actually upload the pics. Here we go....

Attachments

• iphone 173.jpg
    iphone 173.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 32
  • iphone 174.jpg
    iphone 174.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 19
  • iphone 175.jpg
    iphone 175.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 27
  • iphone 176.jpg
    iphone 176.jpg