Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

NJsnapper

Threads
The guy who sold me was too. He delivered it over 100 miles for me :)

jamesva

Threads
Most people call me Matt Dillon after the program gunsmoke. I own 2 snappers 1974 and 1983 rer making an original comet out of the 2 believe it or not most all the parts interchange with one another. When I get my daughter to help me I will post the old photos to you it will take me a year to restore the comet. I am replacing all bearings bushings paint job will take a while in no hurry I,m a disabled coal miner 35 years in the mines. Glad to join your forum:smile::smile::smile:Matt

Usermik8432

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

My name is Mike and this is my first post on ANY online forum. I will share my experiences of restoring an old (non-operational) Snapper RER that I paid $20 for. I have also purchased an identical "parts" machine for $200 that is fully functional. I will add pictures and share information as the work progresses. Cheers!

Mike in Victoria, BC Canada

Usermik8432

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most people call me Matt Dillon after the program gunsmoke. I own 2 snappers 1974 and 1983 rer making an original comet out of the 2 believe it or not most all the parts interchange with one another. When I get my daughter to help me I will post the old photos to you it will take me a year to restore the comet. I am replacing all bearings bushings paint job will take a while in no hurry I,m a disabled coal miner 35 years in the mines. Glad to join your forum:smile::smile::smile:Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum!

Mike

slk230red

Threads
Out with the old, in with the new.....went with a Snapper RE 110, 11.5 HP rear engine rider to replace my 1986 Murray 8 HP riding mower. Delivered this morning. Gave it a bath and a coat of Mothers carnauba wax. If the Snapper last as long as the Murray, I'll be 96 years old.:laughing: I've been maintaining my mowing equipment since 1963.

20170509_150632.jpgOld and New.jpg

Dmarkcarpenter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate all of the work that goes into running a forum like this. I have a few snappers and other mowers. I am somewhat disabled. I broke my neck on the job and have issues. Of course some say i had issues before my accident.

mattm55

Threads
Out with the old, in with the new.....went with a Snapper RE 110, 11.5 HP rear engine rider to replace my 1986 Murray 8 HP riding mower. Delivered this morning. Gave it a bath and a coat of Mothers carnauba wax. If the Snapper last as long as the Murray, I'll be 96 years old.:laughing: I've been maintaining my mowing equipment since 1963.

View attachment 32111View attachment 32112

Congrats. Good luck with the new machine.

Matt