Shindaiwa String Trimmers - Got One?

hotajax

Threads
Thinking about buying this. Any words of wisdom? Good unit? Thanks in advance.

mcspeed

Threads
I had one. Worked well, seemed a bit heavy. Fuel lines inside the tank degraded and had to be replaced. Only power equipment I have had that experienced this. I prefer Stihl.

hotajax

Threads
I had one. Worked well, seemed a bit heavy. Fuel lines inside the tank degraded and had to be replaced. Only power equipment I have had that experienced this. I prefer Stihl.
OK, makes sense. They sure are pricey, though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Head & shoulders better than any other 2 stroke on the market
Commercial grade
Down here unfortunately the importer rarely sells enough to renew franchise so distributor changes every few years which makes parts sourcing difficult
I usually have to buy then from Europe $$$$

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Head & shoulders better than any other 2 stroke on the market
Commercial grade
Down here unfortunately the importer rarely sells enough to renew franchise so distributor changes every few years which makes parts sourcing difficult
I usually have to buy then from Europe $$$$
Shindaiwa is good equipment. Went out of business many years ago around 2010. Parts are usually still available.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tiger, Shindaiwa are still around here; although, the company is now owned by Kioritz Corp., Tokyo, parent company of Echo Inc., Lake Zurich, Ill., and Shindaiwa Corp.

Matter of fact I got sitting on the work bench a Shindaiwa 2021 EB910RT blower right now. Now Echo is also selling it under their name as a BP-9010T as I got it also in the shop for a recoil failure. It is also a 2021 model. Most of the parts are the same other than the cosmetics parts.

So it is older units parts may harder to find but newer units are fairly easy to get from the local Shindaiwa or Echo dealer.

Done swapped the recoil related parts but I am awaiting the flywheel nut torque spec from Echo. The Shindaiwa has a reported thermal issue which I have not tested for yet as now I got to repair the recoil for it. The customer is commercial so he needs one of the units back rather qsuickly so the swap was needed.

upupandaway

Threads
Matter of fact I got sitting on the work bench a Shindaiwa 2021 EB910RT blower right now. Now Echo is also selling it under their name as a BP-9010T
I got a T262 recently myself. The motor also sells as SRM-2620 and looking at the pic, even both print thier brand on the machine the same way(sideways vertically), so it makes me wonder is there is any difference at all between echo and Shindaiwa.

ps. the parent company is Yamabiko Corporation - Kioritz was the parent of echo before merging.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shins were and are top shelf gear. Buy with confidence.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thinking about buying this. Any words of wisdom? Good unit? Thanks in advance.
I have a Shindaiwa T235 trimmer, bought new 10 years ago. I love that baby.. Still runs super...
Solid shaft drive (unlike Echo)
2 stage air filtration (unlike Echo)
Full gas tank surround under tank. (unlike Echo SRM 225)
Can cut 20" swath. (unlike Echo SRM 225)
Speed-feed 400 head
5 year warranty for residential use.

Yes there are better features than an Echo. If you really compare closely.. I do also have PB250 Echo blower, also 10 years old & still A-1.

Shindaiwa is having a Fleet Sale coming up in Sept, get 15% off.. They do this every year. Look up local dealer & check..So they are not out of biz. Quite the contrary.

Stihl is the heavy one. Neighbor has Stihl, & I used it once, since I did a tune up on it for him.. Not a fan.

Last edited:

hotajax

Threads
I have a Shindaiwa T235 trimmer, bought new 10 years ago. I love that baby.. Still runs super...
Solid shaft drive (unlike Echo)
2 stage air filtration (unlike Echo)
Full gas tank surround under tank. (unlike Echo SRM 225)
Can cut 20" swath. (unlike Echo SRM 225)
Speed-feed 400 head
5 year warranty for residential use.

Yes there are better features than an Echo. If you really compare closely.. I do also have PB250 Echo blower, also 10 years old & still A-1.

Shindaiwa is having a Fleet Sale coming up in Sept, get 15% off.. They do this every year. Look up local dealer & check..So they are not out of biz. Quite the contrary.

Stihl is the heavy one. Neighbor has Stihl, & I used it once, since I did a tune up on it for him.. Not a fan.
That was a great review. Thanks a lot. As luck would have it, there's a very good outdoor power equipment dealer about 15 mins away, and he carries the full Shindaiwa line.