Service Prices

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
All you guys out there that do mower repair for a living just wondering how much labor you charge for a typical service. Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, oil change, spark plugs. Sharpen blades clean mower, air up tires etc.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Talk about a loaded question??? Lot of variables. Engine bland and size, unit brand and size, OEM or aftermarket parts, urban or rural location, part of the country, charge by job or hour, experience of the mechanic, etc. Best I can tell you is our hourly rate. $75.00 for the brands we carry, $85.00 for all other brands.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I charge set fees according the the warranty scheduled hours at my rate of $ 72 /hr ( Aus ) + parts for general servicing of a mower that is running when it comes in.
For repairs it is scheduled time +1 hour for diagnosis
When a customer tries to get one over on me then it is + 2 hours .
Call outs are 1/2 hour minimum + parts
Just cleaned some wood chips out of the brake linkage on a LX Deer that was preventing the brake activating the switch so that was a 1 hour charge
Then found the solder on battery ground terminal had been crimped with a hammer so it came back with me for cleaning & soldering and that will be another hour
I don't have to make rent or hourly rate so I don't clock jobs do if I don't feel up to scratch I can go slow .
If pressed for a price I tell the customer from $ 300 to $ 600 for a SERVICE and double that for repairs .

shurguywutt

Threads
OEM parts on the service you mentioned could run fifty to a couple hundred bucks alone depending on the mower/brand.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
For my area a basic rider tune up with the parts you mentions will get you in the ballpark of $150-200, but that is just a gateway to other things like wheel bearing replacement, idler pulley replacement, belt replacement and other repairs which can easily push the spring tune up into the $400 range.

Good example is a rider that came in yesterday for a spring tune up or basically off season tune up. Needs a deck belt due to the customer tying the discharge chute up and rubbing the belt, needs spark plug, air filter, oil, oil filter etc. But also has worn wheel bushing on the right side with the right steering spindle being worn adding to the front wheel issues, and the cast iron axle bushing are worn allowing the axle to move around throwing the steering into a toe out issue. Have to remove the deck, muffler, and front deck hanger to drop the axle. So tune up just went up another $200.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Talk about a loaded question??? Lot of variables. Engine bland and size, unit brand and size, OEM or aftermarket parts, urban or rural location, part of the country, charge by job or hour, experience of the mechanic, etc. Best I can tell you is our hourly rate. $75.00 for the brands we carry, $85.00 for all other brands.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
For the basic service and the parts mentioned we get $100.00 plus the price of the parts. Not enough? Too much? Just would like to know how we stand with the rest of the world.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Way too cheap
A full service, including the things that most shops do not do like remover the blower housing to clean the fins , pull the rocker cover to check valve lash and the rear wheels to grease the axels and you are looking at the better part of 4 hours
Unless you are charging for every nut , bolt & washer, shop fuel , shop rags then you are going backwards

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am $40/hr plus parts plus pickup and delivery. A typical riding mower is around $150 for annual maint. Most dealers around me are $75 to $98 per hour. My overhead is very low so my profit margin is actually much higher than any of the shops around me.