I've shopped around before purchasing and when I looked at the commercial mowers I always chuckled and said I can't believe they installed seat belts on these things and said I'd never use the things. Just wondered if anyone else would or does and if people think there a good idea?
i have a seat belt on my ZTR and yes i wear it because its another safety feature yes it can be a big hassle but it can save your life the ones you will see with seat belts are the ones with ROPs on them or roll over protection systems or roll bar your supposed to wear it when the roll bar is up when its down you don't wear it i mean after all i don't want a 1600 pound mower rolling over on me so i wear the seat belt and leave the ROPs in place
Personally I wouldn't. Unless I was mowing a very hilly or bumpy yard. I would feel like it would constrain me from being able to get up quick and move something. If you are mowing on a 20 degree angle, yeah, but on a normal residential yard, I probably wouldn't.
its not that time consuming and i don't use mine for commercial use so i just use it at home and i keep all my trees trimmed up above the ROPs i can see if you was doing to it as a profession it could be a pain who knows maybe air bags and anti lock brakes are next LOL