SD Raptor hydraulic leak

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the mower hasn't been moved I would be looking more around the hydro expansion tank Most of the oil puddle is too far in front of the hydro

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If the mower hasn't been moved I would be looking more around the hydro expansion tank Most of the oil puddle is too far in front of the hydro
I would have thought that too last year. The hydro here (left side also) would only leak after sitting a few days which I finally traced it to the pump cover. That thought of tank hose is a good starting point to look at.

Oil is like blood a little of it always looks to be a larger amount than it is actually as spreads out.

Bill_in_Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you sure it is not 932566? It is the 932566 then the seal kit is 71410 superseded to 72994 for the Hydro Gear ZT-2800 series transaxle. Also it is showing an oil filter which might be loose.

But I have seen the oil pump cover oil ring to leak on a couple of these transaxles. If you remove the oil pump cover, pay attention to it orientation as it is directional; otherwords, if installed backwards the transaxle will operate backwards. Also these pump covers are noted to check for possible warpage. If is the pump cover leaking they can be changed without removal of the transaxle or at the last one I did change the oil ring for last Summer was.
Dealer paperwork shows it to be 88 for the last two numbers.

Bill_in_Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took a look at the connections of the lines coming from the expansion tank and saw no signs of oil. It did appear most saturated on the outside face of the transaxle.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bill_in_Texas, Please let us know where leak originated from, Thanks, Mark

lugbolt

Threads
Appears to be input seal leak. Saw a lot of those leaks when I worked at the dealer. 2 options. One, replace it with new HST. Or, two, rebuild it with a new seal kit. They’re expensive either way.

Beamster

Threads
Having lived in a four season environment for 70 plus years, I have not seen weather affected seals and gaskets on our equipment vehicles. Also, searching of the affects of cold on rubber I see references that it expands, not contracts. I'd be skeptical that the weather snap caused the leak.

teezee70

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine has the same leak after the cold and all it was on mine was the oil filters that were leaking. The cold contracted the aluminum and metal loosening the seal.
That was what my trouble was and it was leaking on the floor exactly like yours. Hope it is that simple for you.