Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

BustedKnuckles

Threads
GREETINGS to all Scag mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Scag owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Scag mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Scag stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hey Guys and Gals! I'm a Scag newbie and sharing my new (to me) SW48.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.625550114154858.1073741848.420579901318548&type=1

geno56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, my name is Gene(Geno's) Fox. I'm new to the forum and new to the Scag. I just put my 15 year old Yazoo/Kees to rest and bought a new STC61V-730FX Tiger Cat. So for it's every thing I've heard about. I've got 1cut in and can't wait for the grass to grow

mormonsniper

Threads
Hi folks! Just purchased a used 2013 Turf Tiger. 61". FD791D EFI. <200 hours.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't remember when I have been more anxious to get on my mowers and get this winter over. Already getting calls for wood chipping and spring cleanup.
My Scag Tiger Cub and Hustler X-ONE are going to be busy girls very soon!!!! I can't wait!!!
Glad to see the Scag owners chatting here!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

falconerone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings
Bought a used TT last year, 52" deck with a kohler ch740. It ran great last year, started cutting this year and oops. Starts and runs fine for about 30-40 minutes then the engine starts to bog down. All fluids have been changed, spark plugs changed, rebuilt the carb. Still does the same thing, scratching my head trying to figure what to do next.

mormonsniper

Threads
Greetings
Bought a used TT last year, 52" deck with a kohler ch740. It ran great last year, started cutting this year and oops. Starts and runs fine for about 30-40 minutes then the engine starts to bog down. All fluids have been changed, spark plugs changed, rebuilt the carb. Still does the same thing, scratching my head trying to figure what to do next.

Sounds like something is overheating. Does it run ok after you let it cool off?

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/sm_24_690_06.pdf

Page 17 starts the troubleshooting guide if you don't already have the manual.

Kohler Engines

tigercat

Threads
Check your in line fuel filter? Maybe it's plugged.

wcwhite

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey! My name is Rick. Bought a used 2007 Turf Tiger 52" cut last year. Use it to maintain my 2.5 acres.

hairyapple

Threads
SCAGs last forever if they don't self destruct

My SCAG is a humble walk 52", belt driven walk behind, that I bougt in 1992 or 3. I only use it on my own place but I cut about 2.5 to 3 acres every week during the growing season. 5 or 6 years ago I had to replace the motor as
my "helper" was not checking the oil regularly and the original 14 hp Kawasaki died a horrible death. Up till then it never needed anything but a drive belt or two. We replaced the blown motor with a Kawasaki 17hp twin. It was a vast improvement
power wise although I never really had any issues with the 14. The 17 starts with one pull. I replaced the drive tires, bearings in the casters, new brake bands and now the TechumsehPeerless transmission had trouble staying in gear, probably some worn parts in the shifter but we'll see when it comes apart after the season is over. Anyway, knock on wood, 21 years in faithful service, can't really complain. Original cost was $3,300. So say I mow 20 times a year X 21 years that's 420 trips around the yard. The man that was mowing for me up until I started doing it myself was getting $100 per, and mowing a lot less than I do. That represents about $42,000 in savings over the time period, not to mention the "health" benefit of the ten mile walk I get to take
every week. I guess I'm predjudice but if I get to feeble to use this old trooper the next machine I buy will be a Tiger-no doubt about it.

David Giles

Threads
Howdy Folks! New member here, who just bought a new Tiger Cat 61" (based on lots of recommendations and information I got from this great forum). Will be using it on my 6 acre property in an industrial park, and will be cutting another 3-4 acres on a couple of other properties here in the industrial park as well. Actually one of my employees will probably do the cutting after the fun and newness wears off and I have other things to do. :cool: But I'll also be using it to cut my home yard as well (less than an acre).

Cut with it today and it did a fantastic job, including cutting down a half acre or so of almost waist-high weeds that we'd been wanting to get rid of. I do have a couple of minor questions/concerns about it, but I'll post those in a separate post.

Anyway, thanks for the great resource, and here's a picture of the beast:

Scag Tiger Cat.jpg

David