Scag mower with 25hp Kohler

Tradecents

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased this mower last summer and one of the poles was burned off the solenoid. The fellow I purchased it from had added a push button switch and a stand alone solenoid. Worked ok - but I decided to replace the solenoid. Problem is I am not sure how to rewire it. Looks like it should be straight forward but I can't get it to work. Just need a photo from someone or some written instructions.

Thanks
Larry

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like it is a little more then straight forward to me. Sounds like some one had electrical problems and bypassed everything. Start with a wiring diagram and repair the original short circuit first that burned wires off the solenoid first. Then go from there.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah to be of any help, we would need the model numbers off of the mower and engine.

Also put up a pic of the starter as it was rigged, I am curious to see it....

Tradecents

Forum Newbie
Threads
it is a model stt 61-25ch
Motor is ch 25s- Would just like a photo or description of the wiring- I haven't been able to find a schematic for it. Found a couple but not the same. i have already removed the wires the way it was. Does the bottom terminal on the solenoid have a wire going to it?

thanks
Larry

Yeah to be of any help, we would need the model numbers off of the mower and engine.

Also put up a pic of the starter as it was rigged, I am curious to see it....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Put up the spec numbers, that will pinpoint your actual engine.

I take it that you have the style with the solenoid on top of the starter, like a GM car?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The reason folks try and rig these starter/solenoids, is that Kohler sells just the solenoid for almost as much as the whole starter/solenoid assy.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OEM Parts

Here is a blowup of a standard setup of that engine, the wiring schematic will have to come from Skag.

Tradecents

Forum Newbie
Threads
Motor is a SKH725 u1g2ra - thanks i will check out the set up and yes it has the solenoid on the starter.

OEM Parts

Here is a blowup of a standard setup of that engine, the wiring schematic will have to come from Skag.

Tradecents

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes that it was the guy told me why he did it. It worked fine I just have a young grandson that drives it and he had a little difficulty with it.

The reason folks try and rig these starter/solenoids, is that Kohler sells just the solenoid for almost as much as the whole starter/solenoid assy.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can't help you much on the rigging in the past, without pics....