Export thread

Scag freedom z starting problem

C

cnfixwd

I have an older freedom z. I start it. It runs for a few seconds and dies. I thought the PTO switch was bad I replaced it. It almost sounds like running on 1 cylinder. If I use starting fluid it will continue to run. Where do I go?

I

ILENGINE

What model and brand of engine do you have on the Scag.

C

cnfixwd

Scag Freedom z

C

cnfixwd

Scag Freedom z
Its a two cylinder extended life

StarTech

StarTech

Its a two cylinder extended life
That does not help.

We need the equipment model from its serial number tag and the model and spec (type) number from the engine. As you see below there is not just one machine or engine involved.
1714998251612.png

C

cnfixwd

Scag Freedom z
Not sure it says extended life on engine. Scag freedom z. I tried to attach picture of id plate on mower with serial/model # said file was to big😔

C

cnfixwd

Scag Freedom z

C

cnfixwd

That does not help.

We need the equipment model from its serial number tag and the model and spec (type) number from the engine. As you see below there is not just one machine or engine involved.
View attachment 68568
Serial D1801148 Model sfz52-26bs

C

cnfixwd

That does not help.

View attachment 68568
Serial D1801148 Model sfz52-26

C

cnfixwd

Serial D1801148 Model sfz52-26
Ok let me search for it

StarTech

StarTech

The owners manual indicates the SFZ52-26BS came with a Briggs 44P777-0117-E1 engine. Now this should those that is troubleshooting the problem. Al ot question will be asked and several things suggested. Meanwhile I got to get to my shop this morning myself.

S

sailingharry

An engine needs 3 things to run -- fuel, compression, and spark. If it runs (and can be coaxed to STAY running) on ether, it has the last two. The makes it easy -- it's fuel. Clogged fuel line, bad fuel, or dirty carb are the likely culprits.

An engine needs 3 things to run -- fuel, compression, and spark.
(1) Suck....(2) Squeeze......(3) Bang......(4) Blow