SAD DEVELOPMENT : INSERTED ADVERTISEMENT

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are we seeing the end of this great forum. Today every thread has an ad posted in it. To me this seems more of the same trend in this country : Bombardment with ads, sneaky tattle tale black boxes in your car, legal medical ads warning about 4 hour erections, on and on. The administrators of this site should consider carefully if they go down this road as they live off the community energy and input. I can feel the motivation drain away when I see this. Speak up if you agree. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use the iPhone app and don't see any of the adds.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Mini Motors

Threads
You don't think this(or any) forum can run for free, do you?

txzrider

Threads
They cannot host these for free... however they can limit the impact. I have a chevy avalanche... i was on several boards that all dried up due to a guy constantly harrassing everyone to go to a NEW avalanche only website for forums and discussion... why do you think he worked so hard to get everyone over there... because as soon as he built it up... he started getting ad $$.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Which ads are you seeing? For logged in members, the only ads that show are at the top of the page and the text ads right above threads. The other ads are only when you're not logged in.

BTW I've moved this to the feedback forum.

GentlemanFahmah

Threads
You have a virus. These browser hijackers are very sophisticated now and I think if it's seen in every post, your problem is only only on your computer. I see only a single banner ad at the top.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are we seeing the end of this great forum. Today every thread has an ad posted in it. To me this seems more of the same trend in this country : Bombardment with ads, sneaky tattle tale black boxes in your car, legal medical ads warning about 4 hour erections, on and on. The administrators of this site should consider carefully if they go down this road as they live off the community energy and input. I can feel the motivation drain away when I see this. Speak up if you agree. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

You have a virus. These browser hijackers are very sophisticated now and I think if it's seen in every post, your problem is only only on your computer. I see only a single banner ad at the top.

You see advertisements all over the place if you are a guest to the forum and not logged in. I don't believe it has anything to do with a virus or hackers. I agree with motoman a Bombardment of ads on a forum is something people are generally not happy about.

okiepc

Threads
This site is ad free compared to many others I go to, I certainly will not complain. LawnWorld is one of the neatest and least cluttered site I go to, A+ in my book. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Yeah if you're logged in it's just two ads total. One at the top and then text ads right above threads. This is less than other sites we run (like TractorByNet where there are at least three per page for logged in users).

As others have suggested, if you're logged in and seeing more than one graphical ad per page your browser might have some malware/virus that is displaying the ads on your computer only.