RX75 2 Black Wire's not connected

CaptHwdy

Threads
ok i got back to this and i just did some testing on the wires one is coming from the left side little post of the solenoid looking from back of the mower. the other black wire comes from the seat and the relay not sure were those to wire goes the have eyelets on them tried looking at the wire schematics and it's all Greek to me

CaptHwdy

Threads
I've looked mine all over and there are no wires like that....
I hate to assume with electronics, but what i would do, is check for voltage on those wires with a meter ,, with the key in the ON and Start position. if they never have any voltage, i think they would be ground wires. of course if the 1 on the left goes to the right (starter side) side of the solenoid, it would only get power during cranking.
what i would do in this situation is get the model and serial number off the back of the mower (on a sticker, if it's still there) and see if you can get a hold of John Deere.
Can you tell me were the black wire coming from the little post on the solenoid connects to?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
To make it easier for everyone, let's call the wires A and B.

(A) has insulation on it.

(B) does not have insulation at the crimp.

Where does the other end of A go to?
Where does the other end of B go to?

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 7

CaptHwdy

Threads
To make it easier for everyone, let's call the wires A and B.

(A) has insulation on it.

(B) does not have insulation at the crimp.

Where does the other end of A go to?
Where does the other end of B go to?
A Goes to to little post on one side of the solenoid
B Goes to the safety seat switch and relay

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
B. If you look at the seat switch in the diagram, there are two wires from it. Both go thru what looks like a connector. One comes out of the connector and then goes to ground, and the other comes out of the connector and goes to what looks like 87a on the neutral start relay. 87a is jumpered to 30 in the diagram and also goes to the on connector on the PTO switch.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
A. In the diagram the solenoid has two red wires, one purple, and one probably is ground unless it is grounded internally in the diagram. You'll need to follow all the wires to the starter to figure why it is hot when the key is not is the start position.

I suggest you confirm that is a diagram for your model and serial, and then print a large a couple large copies of the wiring diagram and keep it around while you are troubleshooting the issue.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
that is why you need to print copies of the wiring diagram, after determining it is for your model and serial, and follow ALL the wires in that area to see if anything else has been changed. Most likely yes but I would not make that assumption without following the other wires in those two areas to be sure none are altered.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
snapshots

Attachments

• solenoid.jpg
    solenoid.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
  • seat switch.jpg
    seat switch.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
below is the common electrical sign for ground. My suggestion is don't just start hooking things up because you "think" you know where they go. Figure it out first. You are coming behind someone else's tinkering.

Davis_ground_1.jpg